Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hello everyone, I am new here.

I am 23 years old and from massachusetts. For 23 years I ate meat and potatoes. Until about a week ago when my girlfriend and I decided to go raw vegan. I for one have been able to make the transition very easily. After a week of eating raw vegan foods I can say I already feel better. I’m not bogged down, or tired all the time. Everything is seeming to taste ALOT better too.

And this might not be the right forum, but does anyone know what to do with daikon radish other than shred it and makes a salad with it?

Comments

• Hi Urban Gorilla and yr g’friend.

Going raw is the best thing you can do for yourself and your health. I do not know what to do with Daikon radish recipe wise but I often shred all sorts of veggies into my salads. I use the large holes on the grater and just add whatever I shred to my salads. I also make rich creamy dressings with olive oil, lemon, tomato, or avocado and this makes my salads rich and filling. I am 36 days raw and the changes I see in myself are incredible. You will love this site, full of info, recipes and support. Ciao, deasmiles

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Hello, and I wish I could help with the radish but I have only used it in my salads.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Daikon is really good in nori rolls (for example, take this basic recipe and add daikon instead of the sprouts).

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Matt Amsden has a recipe in his rawvolultion book that calls for daikon juice to make a raw non-chicken broth/soup. Other than that, the only other things I have seen daikon used for are in salads, or use a spirooli to make spiral “noodles” for raw “noodle dishes”, italian or asian usually.

Oh, yeah, welcome! I should have said that first. Congratulations on your new raw life!

• Welcome UrbanGorilla It never ceases to amaze me how all of my senses are heightened more each day. Good luck on your raw journey. I’m orginally from Ma. too ( a Cape Cod girl)

• hello! ok so i don’t know if this would work or not, but Alissa Cohen has a raw ravioli recipe on her site it calls for turnips, but i was thinking that maybe you can substitute the radishes instead. i’ve never made it either way so you would be experminting if you did make it….it’s just a thought.