Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

My first pasta dish!!!

anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Thanks to Crishcarlton for sharing the information about juline peeler!!!

I did it for me and for not raw foodist. I was worried because I didn’t know if raw zucchini would taste good and because I wanted to get a really thick tomato sauce. And it seems that I achieved it!! Everybody said it was fantastic. I used lot of raw tomatos and lot of dried tomatos, olive oil (perhaps too much), garlic and dry oregano (I wanted to use frech basil but i didn’t find it), if anyone has an idea to change this sauce (adding something, removing something…) I would be grateful.

So, that’s it, zucchini really can be eaten raw, what a discovery!

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Amazing, isn’t it?? I never liked zucchini until I made my first raw pasta dish. I didn’t carve up the seed part, just the white part, and I loved it. Now, a few months later, I can eat the whole of the zucchini, thanks to the raw pasta recipes here! Congratulations on your achievement!

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hi there, it’s a revelation isn’t it, using zucchini either cut in a spiral slicer or a fine grated on a food processor. I love this pasta substitute. I think butternut squash is good too but I’m not as keen on the flavour.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i got this from juliano: add a little bit of jalepeno pepper and a little bit of ginger. it really highlights the tomato flavors. also, adding some red pepper gives it amazing color, and an olive (if you can find raw ones… good luck!) gives it a salty mediterranean kick.

i also love to scatter in some julienned carrots for some extra color.

julienne peelers are the best!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

alix1962—you mean you “noodle” the seeds too?

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Yes, awesome!! I couldn’t belive that my non raw foddist “guinea pigs” were eating it even more fast than me, and they repeat ones and again “oh, it’s so good!

For the next time I will try juliano’s suggestion, that hot touch must be great.

I have not eat all the seed part because it was difficult to cut them, they just broken in three parts.

Hi, pianissima. I’m sorry; I meant that I can eat the whole zucchini in other dishes. For example, the other week I made a nice gazpacho(sp?) and for the heck of it, I chopped up part of a zucchini. Yummm. Also, when I want a nori wrap, often I’ll bulk it out with sliced, whole zucchini.:-)

I think the next time I make a tomatoe sauce, I’ll try that tip you gave from juliano!

• ahh zucchini noodles are my FAVORITE. i eat them almost every night…really any kind of sauce goes with them….pesto, sesame ginger, tomato, etc. i make an enormous bowl of them…I actually have to use a tupperware to eat out of because our real bowls aren’t big enough. sad haha.

Oooo, sesame ginger sounds fantastic! Is that recipe here??

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

LizK I found that when my husband and I started eating raw our salads became so big they no longer fit into regular bowls. I went to Marshall’s and bought 2 moderate sized serving bowls and now they are our salad bowls. Finally something that fits!

• alix – yeah i modified a recipe from here – sesame noodles http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/2188-Sesame-Noodles

i just use tahini, ginger, apple cider vinegar, salt, garlic, agave, and water and put it over the noodles, sometimes i add shredded carrot and mung bean sprouts too. it tastes so much like cold sesame noodles!

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i love the “pasta” zucchini dish, i think next time i’ll try a thai sauce and add broccoli – one of my favs! oh, and my salad and “pasta” bowls are way bigger then my head, is that bad? hehe

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Using huge bowls here, too – I love it! Eating a serving of salad/vegetables bigger than your head? Sounds great :)

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Huh, glad to see I’m not the only one who uses huge bowls of tupperware for salads. :-)

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I haven’t made pasta with zucchini yet, only butternut squash a few times. I love it with butternut squash, so I hope I like it with zucchini. :D

• I tried the zucchini pasta for the first time also (a few days ago)-It was fantastic. My non-raw hubby said he could eat “that stuff” every day. I just julienned the ‘noodles’. I have the Rawvolution cookbook, it recommends letting the ‘noodles’ air dry out on the counter for 5 hours or so to let the noodles get a harder texture. I can never wait that long-YUMMY

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I tried the zucchini pasta for the first time…i made a delicious alfredo sauce out of pine nuts and cashews. WOW! Try this with some of the Schicken kebabs, and it’s fantastic!

i also have a HUGE salad bowl. it hold 5+ cups of salad. That’s how raw foodists super-size it!