Kelp Noodle Recipes?

Anyone got any they’d like to share? I bought my first bag of kelp noodles today and I am a bit clueless as what to put them/marenade them in.

Comments

• I can’t answer your question, but can I ask how much each packet weighs?

I’ve just found out they ship overseas so I’m going to order some to Australia but the website doesn’t say how big each packet is.

When I get them I’ll probably marinade them in crushed garlic, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and raw seasoning and mix through thinly cut veggies smothered in a tomato sauce…

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Wow, I was just wondering about this, because I found some kelp noodles at Hy-Vee. I think you soak them in warm water, from what I’ve read in a few recipes, but I’d rather soak them in a marinade. I think they’d be awesome with a spinach sauce. YUM

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

rachel_akiko~ Do you know what brand the noodles are? If they are Sea Triangle, you don’t need to soak them. You just rinse them. If you want them softer, mix them with a little oil and let them sit for a bit…

I like using them in sushi instead of the “rice”. I also use them in salads for another texture and some added nutrition.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I’m not sure what the brand was, actually, because I didn’t buy them yet. They also had dulse and arame!! I can’t wait to try them! :DDD

• i like to marinate my (sea tangle) kelp noodles in a mix of almond butter, tahini and miso, sometimes with a little bragg’s amino’s and apple cider vinegar, soemtimes ginger and garlic, soemtimes green onion. add chopped veggies & sesame seeds, and let marinate for at least an hour. you can also eat it right away, but the noodles will be crunchy and less noodley.

i think you could aslo use any raw pasta recipe, but i think these noodles lend themselves particularly well to asian recipes. also, they keep for a good long time!

• Klomasius – The bag that I bought that seems to be the one sold most is 12 Oz. I hope you enjoy them, I sertainly did. I didn’t know what to do so I just soaked them in salty water with garlic, basil, onion, and something else I forgot…but anyways, I drained them after a while with warm water and retopped it with the same ingredients and added tomatoes. It was really good and surpised me.

I did feel like I had worms in my tummy though. lol. Which reminds me of something my boyfriend said last night…he said that those on raw foods probably have worms in their stomach or are more likely to…is that true? I didn’t see how it would be any better than eating meat…but it is cooked..?