carb addiction!

Hey everybody, I’ve been trying to get back on raw for the longest time, but I’m doing extremely bad because I keep craving carbs. Pasta, potatoes, rice, bread…anything like that. It’s pretty much impossible for me to stay away from those. One of the many reasons I want to go back raw is to lose the extra pounds I put on over the winter, and it’s impossible if I’m eating potatoes every night. I’ve tried green smoothies, but by late night I NEED pasta or something. Is there any other advice or motivation anyone can give me, that would be great! Thanks everybody!

Comments

• well I still have these problems myself but I just bought 12 steps to Raw foods: how to end your dependency on cooked foods. I just got it today but the title sounds like its what we’re looking for.haha. Maybe you’ve read it. Also I noticed that a lot of people said that green smoothies really help with cravings which I did not notice but really did notice that when I juiced spinach and kale and such (mixed wiht celery and apples) It really made a difference, maybe just because its stronger? Late night is also a really hard time for me. Good Luck!

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I don’t know if you are an athlete at all but almost raw triathlete brendan brazier’s thrive diet recommends some brown rice, quinoi or other grains. I have always struggled with starchy carb cravings too and am planning to try Brazier’s Thrive program when finished juice feasting.