Tea and..

Firstly, I will start by saying I DO drink tea. Boiled, or just off the boil. Green tea is alkalising and tasty, and like many spices, heating can actually bring out alot of the medicinal properties, and oils. I admittedly have a cup of black tea now and then, despite it’s acidity. It has antioxidants and it makes me happy. Now that we know I am never giving up my tea and why, I need to know a few things that will go with it and prevent me from craving bread and scones. I have not given in yet, but It’s a great possibility that if i hit an overly sentimental moment, I will.

So far my ideas are fruit salad, carrot or zucchini flax bread, blender soups (both sweet and savory), and a few other things. If anyone has any ideas for bread-like or cake-like substances it would help. That or not overly oil or strong salads.

Also, I intend to make visits to various nursing homes and bring lunch and tea with me. Maybe not VERY soon because of budget, I am thinking Summertime when my garden is growing, and also it’s easier to carry iced tea, than hot, as hot gets cold and also oxidizes faster…But anyway, If anyone can think of light things that won’t disturb digestion, or tradition for the elderly, it would be much appreciated. I have thought of coming up with some lemon bread, but I’m afraid it would bother them if it was too crumbly, and the only other way I can figure making it, it would be cold and I don’t know if that too might bother them. Though if it is a hot day and it is in the picnic basket with other cold treats maybe it would be welcome. I don’t intend to push my eating habits on them, I may make a few little things once in a while that have to be baked or heated a bit to be left for them, but I would prefer to do as much raw as possible for their healths’ sake. If anyone needs vitamins and enzymes, they would.

:)

Comments

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

Oh by the way, so no one flips, I intend to take regular and herbal tea/tisanes with me. I already thought about the caffiene thing.

There was something else I was about to say, but I have forgotten as The site has been extra slow in bringing up pages lately.

Oh and another thing, What type of homemade type gifts do you think they would enjoy? And are there any foods that could easily left without spoiling such as fruit?.

P.S. I maybe should have put this in the regular “raw” section, but since it had to do with recipes and preparing food also It was confusing.