Need some social advice!

Greetings & Salutations! Ive only been raw for about 3 months, and I have encountered my first ‘social dilemma’! Next week my boss is taking several of our departments to a dinner theatre party. Ive already looked at the menu, and there really isnt much I can have. I wouldnt mind just going for the show and skipping the meal – but its included in the package, so there will be food in front of me whether i eat it or not. Is there a tactful way i can avoid eating without appearing rude? (My coworkers all know I have gone raw – and are very supportive – but there will be other departments and people there that dont know me so well)

Thanks for any input!

Comments

• PamPam

I had the same thing happen to me at a wedding. When the waiter came around with the food, I just turned it down. I told everyone I just wasn’t hungry and have allergies to boot (which is true). However, you might try calling the theatre in advance and asking for a plain salad or a fruit plate. They will probably accommodate you. Good luck!

• Hi,

I had a 3 day work related conference in April and the first night there was a catered served dinner, the other meals were all buffet style. I told the catering mgr prior to my arrival that I was vegan and they served me steamed vegetables and pasta with tomato sauce (very fresh, very basic). When I arrived I discreetly informed the head waiter/catering mgr that I was the vegan lady. So not to encourage you to eat cooked vegan but its a possible solution. The rest of the event I asked for fruit at breakfast, and they had huge salads and sliced veggies and fruit at lunch so I was ok. It took a couple of days to work the steamed veggies and pasta out of my system I felt tired and bloated but that is what I did hope this helps.