Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Noodles

I’m sorry if this is somewhere else, I can’t seem to find it. I’m wanting to use zucchini for noodles. I’m under the impression..all though I really don’t know…..that zucchini is crunchy. Not noodle like at all. So..I thought I had read to soak them in salt water…then I saw somewhere else to leave them out for a few hours after making the noodles. what does one do?

Comments

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hello, no you don’t have to soak at all. Just finely grate or use a saladacco which makes nice noodles. Zucchinis are high in water so you even have to squeeze the noodles after using a saladacco. There are lots of nice marinara recipes on this site or tomato sauce if you do a search. Good luck.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I don’t soak them, just grate, add sauce and eat!

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I make mine in the morning and leave them on a dishtowel on the counter all day. When I get home they are the perfect texture. I sometimes salt them to help draw out the extra moisture, but you don’t really have to.

• Ah. I see. hmm….well. I didn’t realize that zucchini was so moist. I’ve only had it cooked, in like stir fry or bread. thank you!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

If you want the wide “noodles”, then you can use a cheap vegetable peeler! Of course, you can’t slice the seed part like this, but then again, you might not like that part anyhow. I think Kandace made nice, round slices of the whole zucchini and popped the slices into the dehyrator for a few hours and said it gave the slices a great consistancy. (I’m trying her method next)