Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Grocery Bill!!

2»

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

strawberry leaves are edible? i was wondering that the other day actually? do you add them to smoothies?

• pianissima, I vacuum seal and freeze my strawberries when I find some for a good price . I freeze them with the leaves and its hard to get them off after that so they just blend right in with my other greens in my smoothies. Sometimes I use the whole strawberry even if its not frozen.

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

Yea i always use my veggie tops in green smoothies. Yea after hearing everyone else, $200 isnt bad at all…. i was stressing out over it… but it’s nothing to stress. :) I love my green bags, they save alot!

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Tzefira, seriously, what do you buy for your family??? Like everyone else, I spend minimum $100 for the raw organic eating pig I am!

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

Lol, well i sit down thursday and make my meal plan for the week. I think what helps is my husband works at an organic farm so we get whatever grows there free (Kale, spinach, cucubers, zuccihini, all herbs, ect.) mostly all the greens) Needless to say our meals are mostly green. but i buy lost of sunflower seeds, i prolly make at least 2 pate’ a week, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, lots of fruit, dates, cashews. i dont buy any other nuts unless a specific dish calls for it and i only by enouph for that dish. i make dinner every night, a couple of deserts a week…. and lots of fresh veggie juices or green smoothies. we have a big mixed salad once or twice a week and then some form of “pasta once a wk” then a mixture of whatever im in the mood for the rest of the week. i make a form a bread once a week, i dont do much dehydrating now that summer is back. and i guess thats it.

• For now I’m living in the dorms, so I don’t have my own grocery bill. But my boyfriend is raw and spends about $100 a week for just himself. I am enthusiastic about the raw lifestyle but I am worried I won’t be able to afford it. Does anyone have tips for a poor college student?

• $200 a week for 4-5 100% raw foodist is a problem??? Darn!!!! I wanna move to your state… Here in Chicago, IL you will pay a lot more… We are two and we almost spend that… (purchasing some stuff at Sam’s Club…)