Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cleaning Teflex Sheets

I got my new excalibur, and made these delicious cookies, but I’m not sure how to clean the teflex sheets. Do I just rinse them under warm water? Or cold water? Thanks!

Comments

• I don’t know if this is the accurate way to clean them, but I just rinse mine under warm water. Then I wipe them down with a damp cloth. Followed by drying them with a dry towel.

Hope this helps.

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

They are tricky to handle. I wipe them down with a soapy dish rag then use my sprayer to rinse them off with very hot water. I also put my trays and mesh screens in the dishwasher from time to time to give them an extra good cleaning. I have to remove the top rack of my dishwasher so that the trays will fit.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Thanks guys! That answers me :)

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Aww, lucky!! I can’t wait till I get mine. I’m gonna get one for my birthday in September.

• Kevin7197 -

I am going to start using your technique. I like it much better.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

im glad someone finally asked!

kevin—some plastic melts in my dishwasher… does yours get very hot? i guess the dehydrator screens are pretty sturdy though, right?

i have a spray bottle that is 1/3 apple cider vinergar (the distilled kind) and 2/3 water… i’ve just been just spraying and wiping.

I was surprised because my water is very hot but the screens did fine. I just run the shortest cycle and make sure the heat dry is turned off!

• I unthinkingly “scored” (i.e., cut) some crackers I made while they were on the teflex sheet. You can see the cut lines on the sheets. Do you think I’m ruined ‘em? I guess ya’ll are also advising against using a scratchy sponge to clean these things…?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Hey jparamax – you can still use them, they should be fine. I noticed when you handle teflex sheets they bend a bit and the bend marks stay there. At least with the teflex sheets I have. I don’t have the Excalibur ones, they just called them nonstick sheets. Are these teflex sheets or something else? I’m wondering if I got the wrong thing.

The score marks are fine. I have done the same without any repercussions. Occasionally I will use a scotch pad while cleaning the sheets and I haven’t noticed any problems.

• I use a spray bottle filled with water and a little food grade hydrogen peroxide. Just spray and wipe clean…then rinse with some water and wipe dry. I also use this peroxide/water mix to clean everything while preparing foods in the kitchen. It is safe, has no chemicals like detergents, ans it kills bacteria.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

RoziKross – where do you get the hydrogen peroxide I have been trying to find where to buy it?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yup if you dry the sheets funny they get bumps. so i use the actual dehydrator to dry them!