Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Wholesale fruit and veg heaven

ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

We just got up early and went to the wholesale fruit and veg market, the place where all the local markets and shops get their stuff from. It was amazing! We got 28lbs of carrotts for £3.00, 14 avocados for £4, 9 young coconuts for £8 , and a big crate of baby plum tomatoes for £1.50!! And 12 cucumbers for £2. It was so great to get the quantities we need without being stared at or asked, “What are you going to do with those??” I highly recommend it to everyone who eats ALOT of raw food.

Comments

• :)) Nice….

• That is such a brilliant idea… I’m going to see if there’s anything similar in Edinburgh…

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Do they have these in the USA?

• Amazing!! I would LOVE to go to a fruit and veg wholesale! This is such a great idea!! I’ll google and see what they have in the US.

• I hope to find such a wholesale market in Dallas, within my biking distance:) can not help missing the miscellaneous produce markets in China, and the abundance of public transportation!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

We asked our local market fruit and veg guy where they went to get their stuff. We didn’t say ” Where d’you get your stuff so we can go and get it cheaper!” We were a little more subtle than that coz we weren’t sure if they’d just come out and tell us, we are their best customers after all!!

After they told us I realised that when I lived in Liverpool I drove past it every day for a couple of years!! So I knew where it was all along. We didn’t need to be members or have an account or anything, just drove right on in there with some cash and that was it. I am sure that every big town or city has them because that is where all the markets and little shops get their fruit and veg from.

Kaye seeing as you are in the UK, you should call the council and ask where it is in Edinburgh because the Liverpool one is council run.