Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

looking for health nutrition school

rawmaidenrawmaiden Raw Newbie

Hi everyone, it’s been about 2 months since I’ve visited gone raw and it’s good to be back and read all the great recipes and posts.

I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a reputable natural nutrition school in NYC or an online distance school is OK (but must be legit)....so far I have found: http://www.integrativenutrition.com/ and http://www.ccnh.edu/ and although both sound good, especially Clayton since you can obtain a bachelors or masters degree, but I am still unsure, any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to pursue a degree in Natural health.

Thanks.

ClaireT

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

if you are raw, i would find it a bit frustrating to study at a place that wasn’t teaching about raw. it just would seem a little backward to me.

would you be open to studying at the hippocrates institute in florida? they have a 9-week program to become a “health educator.”

maybe you could do it as a supplement, or ask either school if they would give you partial credit for it.

integrative nutrition seems like a cool place to study and i’ve met two graduates from there who are doing well. (but neither is raw, or seems to think it’s important).

• rawmaidenrawmaiden Raw Newbie

Hi Pianissima,

I am not completely raw, but struggling to do so…I live in NYC and cannot attend a school in Florida, even if it’s just 9 weeks…I need something local.

Thanks..

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Here’s a good resource – Petersons. Just specify online schools, masters or bachelors, and what you want to study.

If that doesn’t work… what about HHCS’s Masters in Nutrition program? It’s accredited.

I’m not so sure I like Trinity School, but it’s antoher one. Non-accredited.

I don’t know what is in Florida.

Schools have part-time online and sometime on-site… if that is even possible for you.

• Hello, Rawmaiden! Well, i too have been on a search for a nutritional school that was either online or close to me (in washington). And after much deliberation, i found one that is very legit, and professional. In fact my dear mum is just finishing it now!!! she beat me to it! the school also encourages raw/living foods and even teaches some in classroom raw techniques (that doesn’t really help you though, because the school is based in Portland, OR.) their school is online, is 9 months long, and requires you to meet 3 times to go over exams…and they have a campus based in NYC! here’s the link: http://www.nutritionaltherapy.com. I highly reccomind it, even just to learn from their website! hope that helps!

~raw desire

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

try this, it’s a directory for everything raw & holistic NYC

i usually find it’s a good idea to call places who have certified teachers and find out where they trained, what they recommend.

• rawmaidenrawmaiden Raw Newbie

Wow these are some really good resources..thanks so much everyone, I will research what you gave me and I’ll let you know what i find out :-)

ClaireT
  • gina1gina1 Raw Newbie

Hi Rawmaiden,

Are you looking to do a program in classroom or online.

I just completed an online course with a school and the information i received is remarkable. The tutors were great. they have regular skype calls meeting with you and basicall walk you through the whole training program. There programs are also international accredited by some of the most reputable awarding bodies in the inustry.

You can check the school http://www.osmhv.net/

i hope this was helpful...do let me know...all the best..

• TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I think it is a very noble thing to go to school for and so very important to anyone who wants to use food as medicine.