ocean grown agriculture

achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

We don’t have access to pure ocean water here in Seattle, it’s just way too polluted! When I was at Eden Hot Springs retreat in Sedona recently, David Wolfe suggested watering wheatgrass or other crops with a diluted solution of Celtic Sea Salt (4X more concentrated in minerals than Himalayan Crystal Salt, 12 more minerals, and more “live”), and MSM powder to increase the uptake of minerals.

Have any of you tried anything like this? How much salt and MSM powder did you use? :)

Comments

• I have never used salt. I have used organic seaweed fertilizer though. I dilute it and then spray it on with a mister. It definitely improves the fertility and growth of the wheatgrass making stronger thicker leaves. I use it in the first 4 days when the tips are out and it does not seem to affect the taste.

I have read that in olden days invading armies used to “sow the fields with salt” to destroy their productivity for generations to come.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

The seaweed fertilizer idea is cool!

Yes, if you overdo the salt, it will kill the wheatgrass, so I think it needs to be diluted. If you use actually ocean water, at 20:1 to 30:1 ratio of water to ocean water is required. :)

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

We grow alfalfa and rinse it with water that has a little sea salt added. This way the sprouts soak up all the minerals that are assimilable when you eat them.

www.rawlifestyle.co.uk

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Hey, great idea. I’m going to start sprouting soon, once I get a good filtration system installed! :)