Bulking up/Weight gain?

leigh starleigh star Raw Newbie

Hello All!!! My friend is interested in gaining weigh and bulking up a bit in a healthy manner, and I was wondering if there are any threads previously posted or tips on the subject anyone could direct me towards. I’m thinking adding coconut oil and avocado to green smoothies, etc. would be a good start? Thank you for your wisdom!! xo

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

a personal trainer once told me that if you have mostly slow-twitching muscle fiber you will not bulk up. some bodies just CAN’T bulk up. that will have nothing to do with how strong they are though.

on another note, bulk seems really unhealthy to me and thus i’m not sure if it’s possible on a healthy diet. the image that we have of the “strong man” is usually someone who will later on in life have heart problems, as if he were overweight.

sorry to preach… it’s something i’ve been thinking about: could we really “sell” the raw diet to a body builder? if their M.O. is BULK i don’t think raw can provide.

anyone know more about this than me though?

• au contraire, mon frere (i mean sister) i dig ya choons, by the way….i’m a fellow musician…....8-)

anyway, this should prove to be quite an eye-opener

http://www.charliesgym.info/wst_page2.html

http://www.charliesgym.info/wst_page4.php

enjoy

• pay attention to how much he eats to fuel his day…....

it’s a point i’m trying to make on quite a few threads here…..don’t think i’m having much success

never mind

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Lol, el-bo. You’re fine, the more input the better.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

thank el-bo.

i’m impressed. i have to send this to my brother!

the only other thing i’d be curious about is a study of an aged raw builder. i’m sure raw body builders would be healthIER, but how do they fare over time? does it still put undue stress on the body? i wonder…

what do you play btw?

• the raw body builder is a completely different beast

traditional body building is achieved at all costs…..even if you don’t take steroids, the plethora of powders nutritionally suspicious pills etc wreak havok on the body….excess protein (meat) and grains for carbs

if you look at charlies pictures , he looks built in raw vegan terms, but put him next to arnie in his day and their a world apart

i think that charlie is thriving and along with doug graham and another 811’er (harley) are true raw athletes

oh…and i play guitar, mainly classical nylon-strung….but i use it to play many of my own compos that i record in my little home studio….i’ve been doing some interesting collaborations over the net recently….....let me know if you’re interested in me having a little go at remixing one of your choons….i’m really trying to improve my production skills….and would like to have a go with something outside of my usual field

peace, love and good happiness stuff

elliot

• leigh starleigh star Raw Newbie

WOW!!!! Thanks everyone! Amazing! Yeah, he certainly doesn’t want to look like the hulk, just fill out a bit more. I can’t wait to share all these great contributions with him! Have a great weekend folks!;) xo

• pianissima

sorry for being so forward about my music proposition…please don’t take offense….

peace