Diet Identification

Hey all! I am filling out an application for study abroad in Thailand during the fall, and one of the questions is: do you have any dietary restrictions and/ or allergies?

What would every one put in for an answer? I feel unsure about what I should put because raw vegan probably wouldn’t make sense to a lot of people, plus I know that I will probably not hold 100% to being raw vegan. My inconsistencies will probably confuse people and that is the last thing I want when I am trying to get to know new people and culture…

Advice anyone? Thanks!

Comments

• I would list meat, dairy and cooked food as restrictions, that is pretty self explanitory I think. If you think you won’t hold 100%, just list meat and dairy, then if you feel the need to eat cooked vegetarian dishes, you can without hassle! Hope that helps:)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

but you also want to include processed junk in there right?

how about: “my diet consists of plant foods, mostly in their natural uncooked state. i enjoy fresh fruit, (fill in gaps here), etc.” i do not eat meat, fish (some people don’t consider that meat), dairy, eggs, or processed foods (i.e. chips, candies).

i always think it’s good to tell people what you CAN eat, so they aren’t so confused.

• pianissima has a very valid point, rather than telling them what you can’t eat, let them know what you can, then there will be less confusion!