Juice Feasting

AziahAziah Raw Newbie

Where can I get recipes for juice feasting? is there a book or something someone can recommend?

Comments

• SueSue Raw Newbie

There are many great books out on juicing. If you have a juicer you may want to try “Fresh Vegetable & Fruit Juices by Dr. Norman Walker; it’s a classic, or Juice Fasting, by Steve Meyerowitz. You can get plenty of good books for free in your local library. Don’t get hooked into spending money for on-line advertisements. In my own experience, I have found that a juice made of 75% greens (1 cucumber, 5 or 6 celery stalks, a big handful of spinach, & some bitters like dandelion) combined with 25% carrots (I also add a little ginger and 1/2 a lemon) is the best energy boost I ever had. Sometimes I add a few chunks of fresh pineapple to make it a little sweeter. In the interim, drink plenty of water with fresh squeezed lemon.

• angie207angie207 Raw Newbie

Juice feasting is discussed in Gabriel Cousens’s book “Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine” – but I don’t think he gives specific recipes, just what it is. One gallon or more per day of green juice: celery, cucumber, & 2 pounds of leafy greens, occasionally some carrot or tomato, with chlorella & spirulina mixed in for protein to help keep blood sugar levels balanced. He talks about combining it with colonics or warm water enemas, exercise, etc. and recommends doing it for a time period of 30 to 92 days (one to three months). I did it for most of one day :) I’d love to do it longer, though; I just need the produce growing in my garden or a much larger budget! Of course, buying 20 cucumbers per day in the winter is a little cost prohibitive, at least for me, so we just planted 3 cucumber plants.

• Juicefeasting.com has loads of information. You cab also check out Angela Stoke’s book; I think it’s called something like “a juice feaster’s guide”.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

You may have found this already thanks to autumnides, but here’s the link for purchasing the ebook http://store.rawreform.com/index.php?cPath=97_1… I own it and love the idea but I’m not quite ready. Hope the weekend at Grandma’s went well!