Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Apple Cider Vinegar enemas?

I have read these are supposed to be good for treating candida,does anyone have any experience or results with this?

Comments

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I haven’t done an enema but wanted to throw in an acv question: I’ve been drinking a mixture of acv (about 2 tablespoons) with cayenne pepper and 16 ounces of water every morning. I have it after a small cup of green tea but before any food or kombucha or anything. Does anyone know if a) this concoction is worth it for cleansing (I don’t enjoy taste too much) and b) if my timing is right for the most benefit?

• bananaboybananaboy Raw Superstar

Enemas are harmful and a waste of time. I had been occassionally doing them for 15 years with no positve results. An enema only goes as far as the colon. All the rotting mucoid plaque is in the 33 ft small intestine. The body is self-cleansing. Eat a 100% raw diet with lots of raw fruits and veggies, pure water, juices and smoothies and your body will totally clean out the natural way and your candida will disappear.

ACV is toxic! Never consume it. Great for cleaning and as a hair rinse though.

• jgfergus- Why do you consider ACV to be toxic?

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

and how do you use ACV for cleaning? Doesn’t it make things smell bad? (like rotten apples)

• bananaboybananaboy Raw Superstar

ACV can be used to wash fruits & veggies and it also help reduce mildew, germs and odor.

As for it being toxic, this is what Herbert Shelton said; “Vinegar is not an evil merely because its highly toxic acetic acid content destroys ptylain (salivary amylase), but it also contains alcohol, which precipitates the pepsin of the gastric juice and retards or prevents gastric digestion of proteins. What wonder then that pickles and vinegar have been found useful in reducing weight. They cripple the first two stages of digestion. My readers should know that apple cider vinegar, which is so much lauded today as a “wonder drug” in folk medicine contains both acetic acid and alcohol and is unfit for use, not alone because it impairs digestion, but also because it contains these two virulent poisons.”

KoloToo
  • KoloTooKoloToo Raw Newbie

Wowoooo Banaboy!  Sorry but I just can't believe you.

I have had chronic acid reflux and constipation for years.  To the point that my lungs are damaged due to the acid in my breath.  Doctors have done nothing for me with all their drugs, side effects and threats of esophageal cancer and more lung damage without the next step of an un-guaranteed  surgery.

A neighbor told me that ACV "would help".  Not believing her either I got the book "Apple Cider Vinegar Miracle Health System"  from the library which encouraged me to get some ACV and give it a go.  And to cut to the chase it truly was a miracle.  I am a total convert.

I am a 64 year old overweight male.  The acid reflux was gone in 3 days.  So I continued with the plan in the book, which I now own.  Having not even considered weight loss as a side effect I have gone from a weight of 220 lbs. to 190 in three months with no aggravating side effects.   On the contrary, my digestion has never been better.  And I mean never ever.  And I am still losing weight without even trying.  Granted there has been a radical change in diet.  But I give credit to the ACV for making that possible.  I have been down the Juicer, Blender, Vegetarian road many times before but just could never stick with it.  But something has changed. Everything is better.  Eating healthy has become such a pleasure instead of such a chore. Personally I think that something in the ACV tells my body that this is what life is all about.  Good by Costco samples.

So if ACV is poisoning me.  I can tell you without hesitation that I am going to die a happier and healthier man than I have ever been.

ClaireTMacGyver
  • ocpaul20ocpaul20 Raw Newbie

ACV will help your digestion and when your whole gut is working better, you absorb more vitamins, minerals and other needed nutrition and so you become more healthy with more energy. I think this may be the source of your better health.

• shedacaresshedacares Raw Newbie

I have heard of apple cider vinegar and its effects... i will try to read more of this... as of now i was referred by a friend to try Digestic. been reading about its contents and it has my best fiber fruit..papaya! still reading more about it.... have been constipated and have problems with bad gas, indigestion and been bloated ever since..hope this product works...

• genebgeneb Raw Newbie
    I've had nothing but positive results with using a warm water with a splash of apple cider vinegar. In fact it works much better than just plain warm water.