Best cuisinart model?

biscuitbiscuit Raw Newbie

Was wondering what model of cuisinart people have found the best

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

sergei boutenko in his new book fresh recommends the 7 cup model because it doesn’t come with complex attachments.

• i’ve done extensive research on food processors and ended up chosing the kitchenaid one instead. the new design of the cuisinart requires you to take out the feed tube before opening the machine to scrape the inside. usually there’s gunk on the tube so it gets all over the counter and just takes extra time.

the 7 cup model doesn’t always have this feature, but any of the prep models or professional ones do. i also find i use the complicated attachments (love my slicing and shredding blades!) so i would love to have them.

also, the kitchenaid comes with a smaller attachment for small things like dressings, chopping herbs, etc that the larger bowl can’t handle because it gets caught under the blades. better deal for the money i think, though they are both really good names. i’ve been working with an 11-cup (or 12, not sure which) cuisinart prep for about 5 months now and it’s a solid machine but i find the workings to be non-intuitive and a little bit of a pain in the butt.

• biscuitbiscuit Raw Newbie

Well I ordered a cuisinart MP14NDU Food processor … its usually