My Certified Organic Young Thai coconuts arrived in the mail!

You wouldn’t believe how different they are from the ones died in formaldehydes! They are dehusked, so you can extract the water by poking the “eyes” of the coconut the way you would with a mature one. They’re also alot easier to crack open because they are dehusked, and therefore are so small they can fit in your hands. Instead of dark brown shell like a mature coconut, it is a light, milky brown color just like the color of an unshelled almond. It’s cool to see a Certified Organic sticker on each coconut The water, oh the water! It is so pure and clean in comarison to the nonorganic stuff from a regular young coconut. It is clear,versus the darker color of standard fresh young coconut water. It tastes different, so clean. It’s like drinking something that makes you live forever!

When you open the coconut, I swear there was not a single piece of shell that cracked off. I just bashed it against the concrete and it split beautifuly in half, and I managed to keep the water. The shell does get some minor cracks, but not a big messy collection of shell pieces – even the meat was totally perfect – not a single piece of shell on the meat. You can still open the coconut with a cleaver if that’s how you usually do it, also. Another huge convenience is that when you scoop the meat out of the coconut, no part of the inner shell comes with it. What I did was take an ice cream scoop and push out the first part, and then I simply pushed out the rest with my hand, and I didn’ have to clean any brown stuff out. The pure white meat just came out so smoothly, it saves so much time.

The meat, of course, is absolutely perfect, pure, white, and no purple colors. It tastes amazing – has a flavor, when eaten plain, somewhat like a nut. Words cannot describe it – just absolutely amazing. The price was totally worth it.

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

did you get the ones from Rawguru? I was considering gettting those myself but I can get them locally (same ones!) a bit cheaper.

Sounds so lovely! :)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Actually, I got the ones from Gene Fit Nutrition. They cost half as much as the rawguru ones.

http://www.genefitnutrition.com

Really? You can get the ones from rawguru locally? Now that’s what I call awesome!

• Ok let me make sure I have this right they are $3.67 a pound and it cost 73.00 dollars to ship them .. that can’t be right.

How much did you pay RawKCHEF

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

regular coconuts aren’t necessarily dipped in formaldehyde. this isn’t backed up by any hard evidence that i’ve seen.

cool that you enjoyed the organic ones!