Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sweet surprises...

KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

Well, yesterday was my 18th birthday, and my family has been hinting to me about a birthday cake for two or three weeks. Not pestering or bugging, just mentioning it. Well, I kept saying “I really don’t want a cake – something fruity would be nice, though!” and I mentioned edible arrangements a few times (hinting), but nobody really said anything except “I can’t believe you don’t want a cake!” But even if I wanted to eat cooked desserts it wouldn’t be cake – I just don’t like it.

So I got home from work yesterday and they had made me a yummy dinner (it was cooked, but it was healthy and it was my birthday, and my family NEVER cooks dinner for me, so who cares?! besides – it was DELICIOUS!). Anyway, they made me a yummy dinner, and my sister said “Go in your room and don’t come out until I call you.” and she walked towards the fridge. I thought “Oh, no, she made me a cake and I don’t want to be rude but I don’t like cake and she knows that!”. So I was waiting in my room and she called me into the kitchen, and told me to close my eyes from where she was hiding behind the fridge door. I heard plastic wrap and something big being set on the table, and then she said “Okay!” I opened my eyes and was ecstatic beyond belief to see a beautiful fruit basket! She had cut pineapple into flowers, filled the bottom with blueberries, placed strawberries and cherries coming out from all directions, and it was GORGEOUS! I was so happy!!! And those were THE BEST CHERRIES EVER - I don’t know what kind they were but OMG! lol.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my pleasant birthday surprise because I’m so happy they did that for me!

I hope everyone else has a good surprise like this, it really made my birthday!

[edit:] it looked alot like this Melon Basket=, just not so many strawberries and cherries instead of grapes.

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

omg this is fantastic! i can’t believe they made you a real fancy fruit basket. that’s so very exciting!!! did the pineapple really look like flowers? how were the strawberries sticking out – maybe she used wooden skewers? what a fantastic surpise, you’re lucky.

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

Yeah, I guess she used my cookie cutters – they’re like 5 petal daisies with apple-balls (used a mellon-baller?) for the centers. The strawberries and cherries were on chopsticks-gone-skewer, there were about 5 cherries lined up on top of each other going down below the pineapple flowers (so you couldn’t see the stick), and then 3 or 4 strawberries done the same way; both came up above the pineapple flowers about 3 inches.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

wow, apple ball centers. terrific idea.. they must have been rather large flowers. perfect yellow daisies! was the fruit tasty? amazing that the cherries were so good.

Yah, the fruit was delicious! Some of the sweetest pineapple I’ve had! The flowers are about 4” across – probably made over the center of a slice of pineapple. I know it’s weird I don’t usually like the cherries that my mom likes – they’re called Bing Cherries – but apparently they got a different kind because man these were good! I wanted to gobble them all up at once!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

That’s so incredibly sweet, Happy Birthday!

• That’s so sweet..it reminds me of my birthday party, which, this year…I did all raw. My family and I had a great time. They brought me a smoothie and breaky in bed, all raw and fruity, while singing to me…and they had a raw lunch with me and an organic dark chocolate bar for me (my fav!)

I know what you mean exactly! LOVE IT! :)

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

That’s lovely. :) That was very sweet.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Aww, that’s so cool. I wonder if they were Bing cherries? I’ve heard those are really sweet.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

That is a real surprise and an act of love.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ghoraladki/FoodPics…

There’s a pic of it. Isn’t it pretty?!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

wow, that is nice. i wanna make one! it would be so pretty for a party.