Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WATERMELON: I gorge myself.

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I eat this stuff until my poop is bright red, quite shocking the first time you see it. Anyway, I just seem to have developed a fixation with watermelon. I’m pretty much inhaling it right now. I have a full melon every day, pretty much. Is there such thing as too much watermelon? I seriously stuff myself with it, and it works out, because it digests quickly and then I can eat more of it.

Also: conventional seedless watermelon? I have this feeling there should be seeds…and it’s so much sweeter then organic watermelon I sometimes am able to get. It makes me suspicious that it’s GM…

Any thoughts, on anything I just wrote? I’m totally stuffed right now with the pink luscious flesh of the watermelon…

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i LOVE watermelon. i get this awful pain in my chest when i eat too much of it though… i think it eat it too fast. =)

yeah, i’m not sure about seedless. i’d get organic to be safe. and it’s only $1 more expensive in my stores, so why not?

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Yah, I definitely prefer organic, but my WF doesn’t have organic watermelons except in the personal sized versions, which are teeny-tiny! Doesn’t satisfy my watermelon appetite, although I do buy several at a time. I feel a little weird eating non-organic food lately so maybe this will be the thing which will help me cut back a bit. Not that I want to; but I’m starting to feel like I’m overdoing a good thing and I can’t have that; especially with watermelon. :-)

• I can’t believe I found others that eat as much watermelon as I do! I never stop it seems. I go through 3-5 watermelons a week, but I also eat pineapple, though not as often. I’m pretty positive seedless watermelon are GMOs, but that’s all I can find…:( I am going to research and see if watermelon have an addicting chemical in them or something. I’ve slowed down a bit since my stomach stretched so much and it takes more to fill it up.

Eat Up!

• I love watermelon so much! I cube it and put it in the blender so I can drink it. I’m addicted. I shop the local farmers market and cannot find anything other than seedless…and they are huge!

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

I can’t stand seedless watermelon! It tastes so fake! I love the real stuff though! I can just eat it and eat it! It sometimes makes my stomach hurt though, I wonder why?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i ate a whole lot the other day and had a bit of a bellyache. then I got a mealy one the other day. I juiced the whole thing because it was not the right texture to eat. delicious!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I officially can’t eat it anymore. I ate wayyy too much, and now I’m sick. The thought of it makes me want to regurgitate. Oy.

It’s freaking delicious. And I abused it. Hm.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

moth i’m so glad you said that! when this happened to me i freaked out, red in the porcelain throne oh no!

I don’t know about conventional watermelon… i get organic always. I eat 3-6 watermelons a week. I’m so glad they’re in season. I drink it as well, vegfean!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Moth, don’t worry you will crave it again when you need it. :-)

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

You’re lucky…I freaking love watermelon, but as of the past 3 weeks, every single one I buy it disgusting. (I think from being in the heat) Anyway, it’s okay to eat it. I would eat like 2/3 of a massive watermelon at once, wait 15 minutes, then eat the rest, lol. Delish! Oh, and someone said something about chest pain…it’s gas, and yes, from eating too fast.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Every time I eat watermelon I end up eating a bit too much and get a horrible stomach ache. One time I made watermelon juice, can’t remember howmuch, I think I had about a quart (on an empty stomach) and I ended up throwing it all up! Just don’t have the stomach for watermelon for some reason…

“In watermelon sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar”

• The great benefits of eating lots of watermelon is that it helps to flush the kidneys!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

ahahha i’m glad i found this post, i can easily eat a whole melon in one sitting.mmm melon.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

its hard for me simply because i have to lug 2 kids to the union sq whole foods, and I can’t really carry them back :( I would love to eat more.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

nycgrrl—haha i feel ya. how is your csa going? maybe they’ll drop one off.

southernlover—thanks. that makes sense. i noticed if i ate it slower (and with breaks) it didn’t happen. i didn’t know why though.

• SquidNebulaSquidNebula Raw Newbie

Hurray for watermelon! I was afraid I was eating too much but now I take comfort in knowing there are other addicts out there like myself. XD

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Three cheers for watermelon! cool