Mango help

Hi! I am a long time mango hater. I tried one when I was 12 and loved it and proceeded to eat so many I got sick and haven’t liked em since. I think I like them least when they have that kind of “pine” ish taste to them. I really want to like them and am willing to try. Anyone have a suggestion for a good way to ease into them again?

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

pine?

they are great in smoothies. green or otherwise. they get very creamy like a banana but better.

• That’s kind of a relief, I thought I was the only one who noticed a “pine” tasting element in mangoes. I don’t notice it in fresh, however. Only when I blend frozen mangoes into smoothies.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I thought they tasted like pine too!!! I used to hate that about them, but now I really like them mixed with avocado and jalepeno peppers for a sort of chutney, or blended like a dressing for zucchini noodles. yum. I would suggest experimenting with mangoes in savory recipes, not just sweet ones. I actually like them better in savory and spicy dishes.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

redflag, you’re in Iowa!? no way, I thought I was the only person on this website in Iowa. BTW, I really like your skirt, did you make it?