I HATE eating at SAD restaurants.

KelleySKelleyS Raw Newbie

My mom is in town visiting with her boyfriend. He is a picky eater, AKA he is one of those people who don’t eat anything of nutritional value (which is very surprising seeing that he is a swim coach and went to the Olympic trials when he was younger). Anyway, we went to this “southwestern grill” place as opposed to a good restaurant I would otherwise have gone to with my mom. I ordered this orzo/veggie dish minus the orzo and a side salad. While I’ll still eat cooked veggies, I’ll be damned if I’m putting refined grains in my body. My dish was supposed to be a sauteed tomato/spinach/onion/zucchini/grilled portobella mushroom type deal… but it was so freaking over-seasoned and olive oil-y that I couldn’t enjoy the flavor of the vegetables. It didn’t even taste healthy. I like to actually taste the vegetables… their flavors are so subtle yet complex and delicious… I just don’t understand why people think they need to taint them with so much salt. And the mango dressing on my salad was unnaturally sweet… ugh… at least it had distinguishable mango chunks in it.

I just wanted to vent because you guys are the only ones who understand what I mean. It’s funny how most people would consider that a healthy meal while I feel like I just ate a bacon cheeseburger or something. I came home and cleansed my palate with some organic berries, though :)

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yeah that happened to me at a vegan restaurant! the mushroom was slimy and the dressing was too sweet. next time i am in that situation i will order a PLAIN salad with a slice of lemon on the side. that’s it.

• I always just take food with me when I go out to restaurants with friends or family. You might get a few strange looks, but its worth it. One time someone else came up and asked what I had ordered. I laughed.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Lol, that happened to me when I went to Hot Harry’s (NASTY place) and me and my brother got salads with guacamole. The salad sucked and the guacamole was vinegary and weird tasting. Like preservatives. and then my dad got sick from his beef burrito. D: