I have been using quaker oats in my recipes, so now I found out that oat groats are the whole version…. I have been enjoying topping them on yogurts and salads, so I decided to make a raw oatmeal. I soaked them overnight, blended them up, and when I tasted it, I could have sworn someone was trying to poison me. It was toxic! It was awful and bitter-tasting!
SO, I thought it might be that I didn’t rinse it well enough, so I tried blending up more groats without soaking them, and was sure they’d taste ok, since they smelled fine. I took a bite, and it was still the same poisonous crap! Well, I gave that up. But, why did they taste perfectly fine when I ate a little amount with other foods, yet, when I blended them up, it was nasty? Are my taste buds just not used to it, or is it really not good for me?