Raw mementos

I’ve seen threads about if/what you tell people about your diet, and that many people choose to keep that stuff pretty private. However, I think that some kind of physical indicator can reinforce a person’s dedication to a certain lifestyle (especially if you’re new to it or often tempted)—it can serve as a personal reminder or make you more thoughtful of going against your new convictions.

So, does anyone have a memento that reminds them of their choice to go raw? A tattoo, charm, big sign around your neck saying that you’re raw?

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

That is very interesting. I’m very open about it because it seems to inspire interest in others. Just by chance I have a tattoo of a bunch of grapes on my ankle that I had done when I was 19 (36 now). I never knew for sure why I got it, I wasn’t going in to get a bunch of grapes but when I saw it on the wall it was just so sweet and purple and different that I just went for it. For years people asked me if it meant anything and I honestly told them it meant nothing, I just liked it. So why couldn’t it be my reminder? Maybe I was wiser at 19 than I realized.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

amysue- i like that. =)

i am also very “out” about being raw. it’s important for me to BE who i am rather than wear it.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’m pretty open about being raw too. I can’t really hide it, not when my co-workers see me walking into the lunch room with 7 bananas and coming out with 0. :-) Everytime my manager sees me walking around with an armload of apples, she says, “you gonna juggle?” People just notice, so I take the time to explain, happily.

I would wear something that says, “RAW” on it, maybe. Maybe a small tattoo, with vines and greenery and flowers and fruit and whatnot. Just because I like the word, “RAW” in general, and funnily enough before I went raw, people would call me ‘raw,’ as a descriptive term. ;-p