Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

RAW Almonds..

Where do you all buy raw, unpasturized almonds?

Comments

• How do you know when you are purchasing quality RAW almonds? I see raw almonds for about $8 for 16 oz. I thought this was a great price.

• If the almonds are labelled “raw” that only means that they have not been roasted. If they came from the united states they are pasteurized. You can buy “unpasteurized” almonds that are truly raw online and some sotres are now starting to carry truly raw almonds from spain. Infact, I just picked some up last night.

James

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Now that the almond pasteurization law is in effect many of you have asked for some sources for truly raw almonds. Here they are:

http://www.rawfromthefarm.com

www.traderjoes.com (Trader Joes has Raw Organic Almonds from Spain)

http://www.wholesale-almonds.com/

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/1354

http://www.livingtreecommunity.com/ (not sure about this site, but it does talk about the raw almonds)

http://rawfromthefarm.com/default.aspx (recommended by Heidi and Jason from Raw Food Right Now RFRN)

Raw From the Farm P.O. Box 13235 Oakland, CA 94661 916-922-2939 www.rawfromthefarm.com rawfromthefarm@sbcglobal.net

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Check to be sure the website says they are “unpasteurized” and not just “raw” because raw just means not roasted, in the nut business. I looked at www.wholesale-almonds.com and the organic ones say not pasteurized, but the cheaper (non-organic) ones just say “raw not roasted.” If ever in doubt, contact the company and ask if they are pasteurized.

• Thanks so much, everyone! I will definitely check out these websites!

• grassdudegrassdude Raw Newbie

I bought some unpasteurized almonds from sunorganics.com. They sell a lot of great organic stuff for reasonable prices and you can call with any questions. The organic Medjool dates are unbelievably tasty. I got some and I just ordered a 10lb.bag.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

they do not cost a buttload. but i like that expression.

i got mine at wholesale-almonds.com for 10 lbs for $50. that’s cheaper than the pasteurized ones at the store. split them with some friends of freeze them!

angie—when i bought mine they said they were for sure not pasteurized, weird. and the “cheaper ones” are IPM. that’s pretty close of organic. it’s a great system of “integrated pest management” which seeks to minimize the use of chemicals…

• hm, I wonder if the almonds I buy from my local seller are pasteurized… I’ll have to ask him at the next farmer’s market.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Unicorn co-op Manchester. They sell organic spanish almonds.

• Aww….......I’m so disappointed to hear about the common pasteurization practices. I’ve been trying raw for over 6 months now and never new the difference. I thought RAW meant RAW. I’m so tired of all this cooked nonsence. It doesn’t even make sence. Are people that afraid of getting sick that everything has to heated to death? What are the chances of getting sick from a raw nut?

• ZanzibarrrZanzibarrr Raw Newbie

oh, organic almonds truly raw? Do they have a website?

• I am an almond farmer and so can sell unpasteurized almonds directly to you – like a roadside stand. I have a site – almondsalive.com This years crop will be harvested in a few months and I have been taking reservations for the best quality of the crop, truely raw shelled almonds delivered for $10.00 per pound. If you mention Gone Raw I will reduce the price to $7.00 per pound.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

farmeral – You are my hero!

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

farmeral – you’re awesome!!!!

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

you have to order them online, and they cost a buttload of money. I don’t even bother, but I’ve heard that pure food and wine’s website one lucky duck sells them. I think there are cheaper websites to order them from, though.

• ZanzibarrrZanzibarrr Raw Newbie

can you also ship here to london?

• Hi farmeral, GREAT! can you ship to Hong Kong?

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

farmeral, I agree that the regulations said roadside stands were ok, but I understood that the almonds could not be shipped. Is that not your understanding?

• The PCC’s in Seattle carry raw, unpasturized, organic almonds imported from spain. We are lucky to be able to get these at the store!

• Help. How do I start a new topic or question here or on the ‘Active Disusscions’ area. I have been 100% raw for 2 full weeks now and I’ve put on 2 pounds (trying to lose!) I’m tired and hungry most of the time and feel foggy! What am I doing wrong!? I’m eating vegan. Not loading up on tons of nuts but am having some. Lots of fruits and veggies.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi yescathyis, You can start a new discussion by going on to the ‘forums’ link, then clicking on whatever forum you want to pot in, then a list of all the threads come up and somewhere along the top will be a ‘start new topic’ button for you to click to start a new thread.

Anyhow, you got to give it some time. You have only been doing this for 2 weeks, chill out, relax, throw the scales away and make this about pleasure and enjoyment. By making lots of recipes and enjoying your raw food you will be able to do this long term and get all the benefits that brings.

Your body weight will go up and down as you transition, as will your appeitite and energy levels.

Make sure that the things you are eating are truly raw check this out for help with that: http://purelyraw.com/deadfoodlist.htm

If you get hungry then eat! Make recipes, make transition food, things that are reminisant of cooked foods like raw bread, pizza, lasagna, curry etc

The foggy feeling may be detox. Try eating sprouts and lots of green smoothies. Keep going just try to enjoy it and forget about the scales. It is a big change for your body to deal with, but after about 2-3 months 100% raw you’ll get over the ‘hump’ and it will get very easy. Hang on in there!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Like pianissima, I just got 10 pounds from www.almonds-from-california.com for $59.99 They are raw and unpasturized.Fast and free shipping as well!!!!!

ClaireT
  • jacobsjacobs Raw Newbie
    Farmeral, is your almonds organic, and I cant find your site
    ClaireT