Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Colonic-Ness is next to Godliness

I had my first colonic a few days ago and I cannot rave enough about it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s no walk in the park- it gets extremely uncomfortable and you feel very vulnerable. It is one of those experiences that pushes you to let go- it is an experience that can be symbolic of letting go of all the other things in our lives that we hold on to. It was truly an incredible experience. You feel so light and euphoric afterwards.

Anyone else like to share their experiences here? I am doing a series of three- what can I expect the second time around?

Comments

• Yes, I couldn’t agree with you more about the euphoric feeling. And yes you do feel vulnerable. I thought the tube would come out as I voided. Funny thing that happened to me was the middle of my right foot had this ticklish feeling throughout and that was so uncomfortable but probably indicative of some kind of internal problems being there are zones on the feet that correspond to your organs. I haven’t had the colonic in a while but reading your post makes me want to do it again and I’m going to schedule one this week. Thanks!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i need to do one. i have been so constipated lately. i think it’s time.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i agree. i think they are a great routine maintenance. they are pretty useless if go “retox” afterward, but on a raw diet they seem to be very helpful.

everyone is different, but hopefully it should be less uncomfortable the next time, and you’ll be able to hold water longer because there is less muck clogging up the drain.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

does anyone have insurance that pays for it? i am trying to find a way around the $80 fee.

• Bitt: I think I just read on another post that you are a fellow Seattleite! I am also trying to find a way around the colonic fee, so if I find a way I’ll let you know. I was just reading an article about how insurance companies are starting to cover more integrative medicine, so I think it just depends on if you can get your doctor to write you a prescription for one.

• I am a huge fan. I did a series while I was on vacation visiting San Diego. It was def worth the money if you have it. I am in the military, so they are not believers in alt medicine. If its not 800 mg Motrin they don’t do it.

My first one was the closed machine but I wasn’t a fan. I didn’t like the fact that you could “bear” down when you needed to. For the second and the third my therapist put me on the open machine. Although it was noisy (gross!) it was one of the most amazing experiences. People talk about how good and clean you feel afterwards and it is sooo true.

So I recommend saving up for it. Or maybe asking for a series for your next b-day or holiday that warrants presents.

I hope I can find a place in Seoul.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I hate to ask this silly question but what is the difference between a colonic and an enema???

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

waterbaby, an enema just cleans the lower part of the large intestine, the colon, whereas the colonic does the entire thing. correct me if i am wrong.

I quess I’m asking about the proceedure….

I can tell you we all have a small intestine about 27 feet long, I believe that’s where the nutrient exchange takes place… It dumps liquid into the colon…On you right side is the assending colon, the hepatic flexure, then across your waist is the transverse colon where the liquid begins to solidify, it then travels past the spleenic flexure into the descending colon on your left side… When it moves into the rectum is when we get the notion to find a bathroom… The entire colon is about 6-8 feet long, the rectum is about 7 inches… The door to the toilet is the anus… So much for our Anatomy class… LOL

Can you tell me about the colonic proceedure??? What is this machine and what does it do???

• Well from what was explained to me (and please correct me if I am wrong) both cleanse the colon. A colonic not only gets way up into the colon (all the way to the ascending colon depending how impacted you are) but uses several flushes to do so. My series were each 45 minutes long. An enema only gets into the lower colon and normally involves just one intake of water.

An enema can be done at home on your own (using gravity to push the water inside and gravity/muscles to get it out). A colonic has to be done by a professional.

Goggle it and alot of good info comes up. I even watched some videos on youtube for research.

And not to be too gross but I was super excited to see what came out of me. Although it wasn’t as gross as I hoped it would be.

• Oh and neither get into the intestines. Just the colon.

• I got my first colonic a few months ago and loved it as well :D You definitely feel way better afterwards… but must be careful as to what you put in your body afterwards. For example, your body need probiotics and nutritous foods since alot of good is cleaned out as well. I’m starting a 100 day RAW challenge and am thinking about getting another colonic done before I start :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I am going on Wednesday for my first time. I’m a little nervous. What does it feel like? I know good afterwards, but during???

• bitt;

I thought it felt like terrible gas cramps. Some points I was getting nauseous and wished I could throw up. But as soon as you release (or the water pressure gets turned off) it feels amazing and I no longer felt like puking.

Just comparing it to having to poop really really bad and then going. :)

Afterwards I felt energized, hydrated and happy.

Let me know hat you think!

If I had the access to it here in Korea, I would def do it on a monthly basis.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I’ve never had one but I have a friend who absolutely hated it. She’s definitely very uptight rather against alternative treatments, but I think she also had a colonic therapist who was rather rough.

I’ve also read about people having problems when they get colonics too close together in time – I don’t know, like two days in a row. Yes, the intestine/colon is meant as an egress as rightly cherie noted.

My eldest sister used to give colonics for a living! I think Jack Lalanne was always going, but my memory could be wrong (I was only about 8 at the time).

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Well I have had a video camera jammed up there for health reasons (sigmoidoscopy) and it did not hurt too bad. So I hope this is more pleasant. I’ll let you know!

bitt~ Take slow deep breaths when the fullness becomes difficult to bare… I did Google it and watched the you tubes, very interesting… A colonic is just a professional emema so the results are more complete… I will tell you if they add salt to the water there will be NO cramping… You might ask to see what they do and then you can confirm it by how your body reacts… Good luck Bitt!!!

• Misslizzy- Where did you go in San Diego? I’m scheduled for a colonoscopy next week and I think I would MUCH rather prepare with a colonic instead of drinking that gallon of disgusting GoLitely! Blaahhh! I live in SD, and welcome visitors anytime!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

So the colonic went well today. There was some impacted stuff that felt good to get out. The main message from the guy who did it (who was excellent) was that my colon is a good health! It wasn’t too uncomfortable and it felt good being the hands of someone who knew what he was doing. I was deterred at first from doing it because of the cost ($80) but he says since I am regular and eat raw than seasonal procedure is probably adequate (4 times a year). If you are cleansing or blocked up, you should go more often. I am so happy he thought I was digesting my food really well considering all the fiber I eat. All is good inside!

Yes I would recommend it compared to drinking that nasty stuff. Ick! I can’t say I feel euphoric right now, just a little weak and drained. But maybe the best is yet to come. Getting rid of 7-9 pounds of junk is nice to know I do not have any mucous plaques or parasites either. Ick!

• I highly recommend colonics. Check with your insurance coverage- they can be covered. Medical mutual will pay if you have a diagnosed need for one. Me, Ive been diagnosed with severe IBS- so im in the clear. My insurance pays for them but i have to drive to a center thats further away that processes insurance claims. For anyone trying to lose weight or has problems with constipation/diarrhea these are the way to go. I noticed for me that since ive been doing them regularly (4 times a year with the seasons) my body is more responsive to losing weight and exercise. It seems it just makes everything more efficient. Worth its weight in gold even if your insurance wont pay.

• I am happy to pay the fee, I just want to be sure I’m going to a good clinic. Any suggestions for choosing one? :)

Bitt~ I’m glad to hear it went well and all is well in your colon. My mother died from colon cancer so I have to get checked every five years. I’ve already had polyps removed but I have a feeling my pipes will be much healthier after juicing for a while and eating more raw.

• oh my god, getting a colonic scares me to death. Invitation to a panic attack. Sounds pretty interesting though.

• Hey Slcogliano!

Are you familiar with Banker Hill? Its between downtown and hillcrest. The place is called Internal Cleansing. And the number is (619) 294-2218. Anyways she was awesome and very nice to me.

There is a website but I can’t get Korea Google to goggle it.

I thought she was very reasonably price. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Just want to add my two cents here. I’ve never had a colonics, but I have had a non-invasive colon cleanse. And, I’m very happy with the results. Colonics? Hmmmm, I’m still not sure I could do that. I like my non-invasive colon cleanser experience. :o)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

germin8~ Ok… this might have a TMI answer, but what is a “non-invasive” colon cleansing? Sounds like a bidet treatment… a little wash and dry… fluffing extra. 8O)

Hahaha. Funny. It’s non-invasive in that it goes in one end and out the other… instead of going in the same end it’s coming out. hehe

It’s the salt water flush with a colon cleanser (psyllium seed husk and liquid bentonite). It’s in ratios not mentioned on the bottle, and I did them at a mission where I got a cleanse. Followed by a blood cleanser. It was the most intense 10-cleanse I had. I’ve mentioned it a few times before. :o) So, at home I just do a mini-one-day cleanse. Haven’t done a two-day, yet. But, I feel I need one.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Oh, you are talking about a salt water flush with an extra umph for good measure… a “one-way” adventure. :o) Thankx for clarifying that.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Hmm, I’ve never done a salt water flush but I would say the benefit of the flush is that you get the small intestine too. Whereas the colonic just gets the colon. But I think I would rather not drink all that stuff. I’ve done it for a sigmoidoscopy and it’s no fun. I liked the colonic because everything came out a tube rather than me having to sit on a toilet. Less messy. ;-)

I felt pretty weak and tired yesterday although it was very muggy here. I drank some E-lite and kombucha, did dry brushing, rested, napped, took a walk. Today I feel much better and took a 2 mile run and I am drinking lots of fluids still. I am craving watermelon (although I was before the colonic too). I can’t say that I feel euphoria, etc. but I am hoping that things will move much smoother as far as my digestion is concerned.

bitt, hehe… I never thought about the whole “mess in the toilet”. hehe

• Hey Misslizzy ~ I live in Hillcrest! What are you doing in Korea? Are you military? Good to know about Internal Cleaning, thanks. I’ll check it out. Did you live here before you went to Korea? If you know of any raw folks out here? Talk to me. :P