Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Making tahini

Has anyone used soaked or sprouted sesame seeds to make tahini? If so, how long did you soak and or sprout them?

Comments

• FeeFee Raw Master

Ive made my own tahini but Im afraid I didnt bother soaking or sprouting the sesame seeds. I put 300g in the blender with about 1/4 – 1/3 of a cup of olive oil and blended, rested, blended, rested, blended, ... until it was the right consistency without over heating it. It tastes great!

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Yes, you get close to the jar bought stuff by not soaking like how Fee did it. If you just want a sesame tasting sauce, you can soak the seeds.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I haven’t managed to make tahini yet, but I have sprouted sesame seeds. I soaked them overnight(about 8 hours) and then rinsed them 3 times a day. They had nice little roots by the second day. Very tasty.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

we just blended it. didn’t soak them. we didn’t get the right consistency but i always put it in things so it was fine. basically, i don’t think there is a way to screw it up.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

When you soak the seeds, it adds alot of moisture to the seeds which can invite bacteria a lot sooner and reduce the life of your butter. So, it is better not to soak the seeds if you want your tahini to last.