Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

dentists, anaesthesia and raw

hi

just wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with dentists while raw and, more specifically, any adverse reactions to anaesthetic

i have a hole that needs filling and i’m a little anxious

thanks

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

This is an interesting topic. I also have “an unusual pattern of decay” with holes and old mercury fillings that seem to be pushing themselves out of the tooth. I have been raw in different forms for over 2 years. I have waited a year to have these filled since they cause no discomfort and do not seem to progress. i do have an appointment this month to have these 2 mercury fillings removed and the one hole filled. The anaesthetic is always a challenge for me. I also believe if there is a Hell, there is a dentist drill on 24/7. deep breathing is the only thing that gets me through.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi there, I am in the same boat as you. I had a baby tooth that finally fell out – at the age of 34! I need it replaced and I have managed to find a holistic dentist who doesn’t use any toxic materials and won’t do anything that will put me out of balance. I still have one baby tooth left that isn’t even wobbly!

There are holistic dentists in the USA too. I think that you need ceramic fillings, I believe I have heard they are the least toxic. Hmmm anaesthetic…don’t they just use a local anaesthetic for fillings to numb around the jaw? That wouldn’t be too bad.

Husband Chris’s mercury fillings all fell out during his first year raw. We think he detoxed them out ;0

• thanks for the responses…i’m in spain and have been told of a place that doesn’t use metal fillings

i guess i have to take what i can…money aint great and i know that those ceramics are expensive

i’ll have to look into somewhere holistic, but i really need to get this sorted soon…

unfortunately my command of spanish isn’t good enough to get into conversations about toxity levels….

guess i’ll just have to wing it

thanks again :o)

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Thank you, Zoe! The appt. is to have the mercury removed and these areas re-filled as of course the dentist believes there is massive decay under there. I wonder if I should just let those fall out on their owm? That’s why i’ve waited so long. i keep thinking they’ll just fall out.

• I have heard of the mercury filling falling out and the teeth growing back to normal, but does the same thing happen with the ceramic fillings?

Also, recently I have learned about the use of hydrogen peroxide as a mouth rinse! It seems like a good idea. If anyone is interested, I can post a link to the website about the many uses of h2o2.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

you could always hop on an Easyjet to the UK and go to a dentist here. Easyjet costs next to nothing and there are holistic dentists here dotted around. But if I were you, and I had to go in Spain, I’d be taking someone along with me who can speak Spanish and English to act as an interpreter.

• turns out that it was an holistic dentist ‘happy clinic’...perfect

also, my spanish was fine…another good sign

so…it wasn’t a hole…i have a new little toothy tryin’ to get through…it may be growing a little strange and it was putting pressure and twisting the nerve….so she gave me eight little injections to relax the nerve and sent me on my way

if the pain continues and the tooth grows out at the wrong angle i have to get a full mouth x-ray and may have to get the tooth removed

we’ll see how it goes

thanks all

• ZanzibarrrZanzibarrr Raw Newbie

gorawmom- Do you really know if that happens often? EAch time I go for a lot of greens and juices for a few days I feel like my system is trying hard to get rid of the mercury fillings. before reading these posts I just thought I was hallucinating a bit. And what do you mean by the teeth growing back to normal? that would be amazing to lose these fillings naturally! How lucky Chris is!

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I’m so glad I have an holistic dentist but it doesn’t really help with the dentist situation in general, you still get jags etc. My partner had to get a tooth pulled last time and it wasn’t fun, no anaesthetic just a jag. I’ve been ok so far but I do feel everything so much more than when I was cooked, I always take a flask of chamomile tea and down chlorella tablets when I go to the dentist. Seems to help me relax!