Feeling distant from the rest of humanity

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Lately I’ve felt AWESOME. I have so much energy, so much drive and will to manifest my dreams. I feel like all I want to do is work on myself, be myself, be at peace. But I feel like something is missing. I feel so self-contained. Like I’m on my own plane of reality or something. Like there’s nobody else here with me; it’s just me and I cannot be reached. I’m sorry if that sounds conceited. But I feel like it has something to do with raw. I went to a raw restaurant a week ago, and I swear, it was being around other raw foodists that tripped me out more then the food. The raw food was okay. But it was being in the company of other people so clearly committed to the raw lifestyle that made me feel sooo happy. I felt like they UNDERSTOOD me, and why I want to be raw. It was the first time since I’ve been raw (six months now) that I’ve been around a group of raw foodies and I found it incredible; like I had found the missing link or something. I felt like I was around my own kind.

Anyway, the experience highlighted the feeling of being distant from most humans, in everyday life. Even when raw is not involved in conversation, I feel different. I just feel like I’m on another plane, or something. Like I said, sorry if that sounds arrogant. I do not mean it to be; it’s just how I feel. I KNOW we’re all human beings and all. And that underneath the physical, we are all the same, we are all ONE. But I cannot deny that since going raw, I’ve been feeling pretty distant from the rest of humanity, in more ways then one.

Can you relate?

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I had a raw foodie tell me that I would start to feel “singled out” like he did, because of being on a “higher plane” and I told him, “I hope not. We are all here together to help each other.” I have noticed differences in diet & lifestyle choices, but I have become more comfortable & loving – with myself & others. I understand how it feels to want to be around people who think alike. Believe me, I wish the world would “wake up” sometimes, too. But, think how the people around you want someone to appreciate them, too. Even though we make different choices and understand some things differently, we all need love & understanding. I have been blessed, I guess, because I have always been able to get along with most anyone – I always started by looking for something we had in common, or something about them I could sincerely compliment. Everyone has something I can learn from.

Of course, be sure to spend plenty of time with people who support your goals & dreams, too! :)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I went through that feeling of being different and separate from the rest of humanity when I was transitioning. Going raw was so different to what anyone else around me was doing, and it was a huge thing for me to do, it is no wonder I felt like that.

I also think it was a natural part of my process. It ebbed away, and slowly the feeling of oneness and unity and One Love came in thick and fast. I can now say that being raw has made me feel like everywhere is my home and every human is part of me. I had felt spurts of this sense of unity during times of inspiration, dancing, painting, writing, meditation and Spiritual shifts, but not as a consistent ‘always there’ thing which it seems to be now.

Sometimes when I have a huge shift coming along – like the huge shift to feeling Oneness, it makes everything that is unlike that come up to be dissolved to make way for the new way. A kind of cleansing/detoxing. My feelings of separation were being detoxed to make way for this new feeling of unity. I wonder if this will turn out the same way for you.

Ooh, Zoe, you totally nailed it! I’m grateful someone was able to put into words what I’ve felt and gone through. I’ve just recently felt like the “consistent, always there” part has come about. Sorry, MOTH, if I made it sound easy – there was a reason I said I understand how it feels – I was lonely for quite a while, and recently giving up meat seemed to be the biggest “separator” of all – it was the one thing I felt still connected me to my family. But making the choice to do what I felt was best for me and allowing myself to work through the emotions is what finally got me to this “consistent, always there” connection to others – I felt more completely connected to my family this past weekend than I ever have since this process started, or ever!