Bloody Nose

I cannot remember the last time I had a bloody nose… maybe when I was 5??

Since I’ve been raw (~2months) I’ve had 2 bloody nose incidents. Has this ever happened to any of you while transitioning to raw food? I’ve also been experiencing some low blood pressure so maybe the 2 are related?

Thanks!

Comments

• After a quick google, I found this: http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=22455 so it looks as if you’re not the first to correlate this problem with raw.

I do know that high blood pressure can cause nose bleeds, but you say you have the opposite problem. So, unless it fluctuates, I would say that isn’t the culprit.

I have noticed, whilst taking systemic enzymes, that if I took too many, I would have spontaneous ‘permeation’ beneath my skin, like the blood broke through the lower layers of skin or something of that nature. Perhaps since your body is detoxing, it’s thinning your blood a bit (which correlates with some raw folks’ sense of being cold)?

That being said, I know the membranes of the nose/sinuses are very sensitive (I found that out after a nice trial and error session involving myself and a neti pot), so it could be your sinuses cleaning house (particularly if you’ve had chronic sinus problems). I also read it could be an inflammatory reaction, so it could be a detox symptom or perhaps you’re eating a food that you’re sensitive to. Or, maybe something you’re chronically exposed to (being around certain inhalants, using nasal sprays, blowing your nose, etc.) is exacerbated by the fact that you’re cleaning your body out.

Anyway, I have less than no medical training, so please take this all with a grain of salt.

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I’ve had this from eating too many dried nut/seeds/buckwheat.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yes i have this. also low blood pressure. i told me naturopath and she didn’t say much. it’s getting better. no idea why it happened.