Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Chris and Zoe, HELP!

2»

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Chris and Zoe,

I love reading about your ideas. So great you are coming to Nor. Cali one day! Funny how you mention your plan and ideas because my bf and I have some friends who are doing something similar to what you are wanting to do! They just got land up in Trinity county, way in the mountains of Hayfork, CA (it is really remote! there is nothing but miles of National forest behind their home.). Right now they are doing medicial marijuiana farming (they are starting their harvest now – very popular thing to do with people who live up there) but they want to renovated the place to be totally substantiable (solar and hydroelectric). They are working on an outdoor whirlpool.

They grow some of their own food. He wants to turn it into a retreat someday or for friends to come and live. He want to build other housing like strawbale and yurt too. He is also into raw foods (graduated from Living Light here in Fort Bragg, CA) and want to do a dehydrated food business in addition to the other stuff.

Sounds like you guys have a lot in common! When you guys get to Northern Cali we should all hook up. :)

Chris, I know you mentioned you were from Humboldt (or you lived there) – I am sure you know about Real Goods in Hopland, CA. I am sure you an find some former students to help with your straw bale and yurt who would want to get some good experience to test out their skills!

My bf is going up to help with the harvest soon. If things don’t get better for us where we are now (Mountain View, CA in Silicon Valley) we may end up moving up North there at least for the summer. (not in the mountains though! Winter up there sort of scares me – I am not one for high windy mountain roads where you need chains on your car to go up if there is any snow – not to mention I don’t like snow as well and it gets really cold up there – remind me of Chicago where I am from – had enough of cold like that! ).

I like the Mt. Shasta pic of your property is a lot more open and flat than my friends property. His is very hilly and mountainous. ;)

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Thank you again so much for all your advice. I am so excited for your plans and goals! Again, if there is anything that I can do, let me know!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

No probs DD, Anytime. Thanks for all the kind words. Stay in touch. Drop us an email and we will add you to our mailing list.

Lovebows, Chris