RawChefKid's crackers without nuts

RawChefKid, you had posted about making crackers with zucchini, sundried tomatoes and nutritional yeast. Can you tell me what kind of measurements you use? The recipe sounds great and I’d love to try it. Thanks.

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Hey…I haven’t tried the recipe yet but I was thinking it would turn out really good. Being nut and (mostly) seed free, I wanted to create this kind of cracker. I wrote down these measurements and am going to try it soon:

2 zuchinni, chopped, optionally peeled

1 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked in 1 cup filtered water for 1 hour, soak water saved

1 teaspoon sea salt, more or less depending on your salty preferences

3 tablespoons nutritional yeast

1 teapoon basil

Blend the soaked tomatoes with the soak water till like pizza sauce. Add the basil, salt and chopped zuchinni and blend till chunky or smooth, whichever texture you want the crackers to be. Add the nutritional yeast. Spread the mixture on a teflex sheet and dehydrate at 108 degrees F for 15 hours or until crisp. You can score them into squares after 5 hours of drying for a nice cracker shape.

As far as the yeast goes, I wasn’t sure whether those flavors would match but you could try it if you want.

Let me know if you try this. I really looked forward to making it myself and would love to hear whatyou think.

• Thanks very much RKC. I probably won’t have time to do this until the weekend, but am really looking forward to making it. I think using this combo instead of flax or other seeds is brilliant. I think it may taste a little like pizza when it’s done! I’ll definitely post when I’ve made it. Thanks again!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Your welcome Mon46.Yes, I was thinking pizza too! I got the zuchinni idea from Raw Food Real World’s walnut crackers which had squash and walnuts, but I thought why not do zuchinni alone. I’m sure yellow squash would be great too. I’ll probably end up making them over the weekend too. That’s a really neat lion picture, by the way!

Can’t wait to hear what you think! I’ll post the recipe with picture over the weekend, too. :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

no nuts or flax!!! thank you! i will try it too.