Toothache

DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I have been raw for almost a year and a half. Not 100% raw, but around 90% raw.

A few months ago I had toothache in one of my top front teeth. This was very strange as I had the nerves removed 9 years ago, yet the pain was all over my tooth. After a few days the pain dissapeared.

Yesterday one of my bottom back teeth started to ache. This tooth has a large filling in.

I’ve never had toothache before these two times.

I’m wondering if anyone else has had aching teeth caused by the raw diet? Or if anyone has any idea why this might be happening?

I’m making an appointment tomorrow at my dentist’s.

Comments

• Hi, I am no expert but I went through detox symptoms last years when I switched my vegetarian diet to vegetarian RAW. The RAW diet facilitates detox and if toxines are present (which in today’s environment and lifestyle it is 99.9% likely to be the case) then our body starts eliminating these toxines from traditional “channels” (liver, kidneys, digestive system) but also via other means. I have experienced myself symptoms such as skin eruptions, rushes, pimples, itchiness, arthritis, eye irritations (infections), exzema and probably some other that I can’t remember. In your case I won’t be surprised if this is detox as well, especially because you never had it before. Detox symptoms, although may be very painful last usually only for a short period of time (few weeks or maybe months) depending on the body level of toxicity. You did well to schedule an appointment with your dentist, see what he/she has to say and mention the fact that you switched diet. ( I would suggest however a dentist with holistic medicine understanding). Good luck!