Heidelberg, Germany

Hi there,

My name is Zoe and I joined about 1.5 months ago. My journey has been fantastic since becoming secure with my new mind set. I am not 100% and am not sure whether I will ever make it there, but I am about 80-90% raw. ( actually, I have no idea how you calculate that but on average I have about 2 cooked meals a week with my partner who is not raw and outside of the house is not vegan either. He is however, lacto veg.

Anyhow, I am living in Heidelberg Germany and am surrounded by pork pork pork, cheese, bread, cheese, bread, more bread, frozen pizza with meat, frozen pizza with cheese….you get my drift. I am wondering if there is anyone out there near me? I’m guessing no, but I thought I’d ask anyhow. I’m finding it very hard to eat out here, hence I rarely do. It would be good to talk to someone that was near by….perhaps I have a neighbour whom I can make food with!( ha…wishful thinking)

Anyhow, It would be nice to hear from anyone that was near or at least someone with some advice about eating out.

have a good evening.

Zoe (z

Comments

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Hi zöchen, I’m sorry that I do not live nearby – I would LOVE to live in Germany and get to share ideas about the raw-food lifestyle.
    I worked in a hotel in Germany ages ago in hopes of improving my German.
    BTW—I think zöchen is a very cute (pardon the expression) online name, not stupid at all.
    Honestly I chose my online name because it was my favorite board-game when I was 4 years old. I also chose it because I am very lucky to be alive, but sometimes I feel like a ghost.

I really love the German language as well. For example – I love the words “schminken” (ich schminke mich, du schminkst dich… usw…) and “staubsauger”. The former sounds jolly to me and the latter is so practical! After all what is a vacuum cleaner?—a dust sucker!
    I’m such a freak about admiring the language – I like to count in German (duh)..... if I had a cat I’d probably name it “Sieben”. seriously!
    I will end this friendly babble of mine with a quote from a favorite movie, “Harold & Maude”... Harold wants to do a somersault in a beautiful field, but he feels too embarrassed… so Maude tells Harold to go ahead and she adds: “Listen Harold, everybody has the right to make an ass out of himself. You can’t let the world judge you too harshly.”
    :)

• Hi,

I live in Germany as well, in a small village in Rheinland Pfalz. I Don’t know how far it is from you, but it is still nice. I think Germany is a wonderful place for a raw foodie. Most organic fruit and veg are so cheap, even cheaper than Hungary, where I’m coming from! And there is such a good variety as well. I know there are a lot of SAD foods here, but they are everywhere, in Hungary it is even worse than here.

Take care: Andrea

• Hi Zoe,

I’m from Germany, but I don’t live there anymore – I’m in the USA now. Guess that doesn’t help either, does it? :D Anyway, just wanted to say “hi”. :) Unfortunately, most of us here seem to be by themselves when it comes to being “raw”. But that’s why we have the forum; it helps a whole lot.

Liebe Gr

• Sorry guys it took me so long to reply. I am glad to meet you all despite the distance. Thought I might share some new raw discoveries that I have found recently.

4 of my neighbours sell their fresh produce on the side of the road for me to enjoy at a very very cheap price. BERRIES ANYONE? Pepita’s are amazingly expensive here and perhaps not raw, but today I found an organic packet for only 2.95 euro YAY! Most organic food that is stocked in the supermarkets and health food stores come from the other side of the plant…..? um…not smart. Luckily i have 2 amazing farmers markets that happen every week. One on sat and one on wed. And, seen as though German’s only believe in tiny bar fridges, shopping twice a week is ideal for the room available. not sure of they are organic but I prefer supporting the local community.

Oh yeah. Does anyone know if drinking water from a britta jug is healthy for you? I’ve noticed that once it’s close to the 4 weeks the filter starts putting black particles in the water.

Anyhow, once again, nice to meet you all again.

• aimeeaimee Raw Newbie

Hi Zoe, I'm in Berlin. Not too many raw people around here either. Did you go to any of the Rohvolution conventions? There is supposed to be one coming up in Berlin in March, which would be great for me, because it's right around the corner. My sister and mother have been raw now for a year and they are trying to get me to go all the way, but I'm still so addicted, and I'm afraid of failing.

Are you German? I'm American, but I've been here for 28 years and so I'm kind of both.

My profil: 38 years old, wife 20 years, mother of 2 kids 14 and 12, Nurse in large hospital.

I find it hard to get fresh greens, mostly just Iceberg. So, I order my fruits and vegis from www.bringmirbio.de. They have reasonable prices and deliver when you want and are home. So far the food has been good. I also order young coconuts and medjool dates and gojiberries at www.veggiesdelight.de. I can also recommend www.lebegesund.de They're down in Baden-W