trip to raw vegan New York

ajchanterajchanter Raw Newbie

Hi there – i urgently would looove to meet up with other teen age (I am 15 in August)raw vegans.. in New York! My mum and I are in serious need of a change of scene – we have a few days in front of us (need to be back home on 10 July) and I have noticed that unsurprisingly, New York is the place where there is the most raw stuff- (restaurants, cafes etc..) can anyone in this communi put us up for a few days, or maybe even show us the raw sights – ANY suggestions welcome, even elsewhere!! we are currently in Geneva Switzerland.

Thankss for any info

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I cannot remember who put together the incredible post on where to eat raw in NYC. Search raw in new york in the forums because when I went in April, I used all the recommendations. I can totally recommend Bonobos on 23rd and Madison—small, casual raw food restaurant with excellent food. I’ll see if I can find that link.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

The post was from organofoodaddict march 28, 2008 entitled where to and where not to spend your money eating out raw in NYC. I hope that helps.

• For raw prepared food, salads and juices: Lifethyme natural market at 410 6th ave between 8th and 9th st. (take-out, not a restaurant).

• ajchanterajchanter Raw Newbie

Thank you for the info!.. anywhere you know i could stay? :D

• I will also be in NYC in fall (travelling alone from Asia) and plan to visit all the terrific raw vegan eateries there. Would gladly love to meet up with any fellow forumers here for some food tasting!

Oh yes, any recommendations for accomodations (preferably in mid-Town) which are very near subway and cost less then US$100 per night?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Hi Folks – Try college dorms! That’s your best bet for $30/night housing. Just call the college housing offices to ask.

• Winona,

Thanks for the tip-off. Which college would you recommend (for easy convenient transport facilities) and how should I go about booking?