Just got my dehydrator and..

Hi everyone.. I just bought the Excalubur 9tray. I was so excited! I was kinda shocked how huge this thing is! Anyways…. I bought the 9 tray because i figured i’d need it for a family of 4. Well, I was wondering can you dehydrate sweet + non-sweet items at once? will they take on the taste of each other? I dont want my pizza crust tasting like sweet cookies. I just don’t see myself making 9 trays of cookies at once so I’m hoping I can utilize this machine to the fullest & not just use it 1/2 full.

thanks!

Comments

• Hi artzy, I do that all the time and others do too and I have not had a problem with cross-taste contamination. I just got mine about a month ago and am so happy with it. I have dried figs, apples, nuts, and made a number of cracker recipes. I hardly every fill it up but I needed it because I have fruit trees and thought that I might need the space. I plan on going to farmers market when the price of tomatoes goes down and getting a bunch and drying them. I really love the marinara sauces made with them but I do not trust the ones in the store to not be dried at high temp. It is really my new baby and when we were called to evacuate because of the forest fire two days ago that was one of the things on my list to pack up and take in case my house burned down. I know I will be the same way when I get my new high speed blender.

• ohh good. thanks for the info. I’m glad to hear this. Oh & thanks for the idea w/drying tomatoes. i absolutely love tomatoes! I probably would eat them as jerky once they are dried! I’m wondering if I could spice’em up before dehydrating? I am drying a batch of nuts and also banana pancakes ( just pureed bananas ) <-I got this idea on goneraw from rawkidchef i think? anyways.. can’t wait to try all my new creations tomorrow morning. :)