I had pain from drinking dandelion juice.

People have told me that dandelion is edible and I read that wild plants are better for you than homegrown. I made about maybe a cup of dandelion juice (from the leaves, not the flowers), mixed it with some other juices to take the bite out of the taste, drank it… and it gave me pain all over. (And before anyone asks, I’m sure it was dandelion.)

What caused this?

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I eat the dandelion leaves and flowers in salads and green smoothies without problems… What type of juice did you mix it with???

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I eat wild dandelion all the time. Once I juiced it and ended up on the toilet for hours – apparently it’s very detoxing. Since then I only juice a little and mix it with mainly other stuff. I prefer to eat it whole. Apart from that, I’ve never had any problem at all.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

carmentina, the same thing happened to me. I guess I over did it. I think it is one of those moderation things.

• It could possibly be detoxing your liver, ‘cuz, well, that’s what dandelion does. And that detox definitely doesn’t make me feel very good at first.