Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

KELP NOODLES

2»

Comments

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

How about just trying them with raw sesame oil, finely grated ginger root, lots of sesame seeds, some chopped cucumbers and a spritz of Bragg’s liquid aminos?

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Greenghost – that was exactly what i was thinking about last night after i posted my comment above – just simple and light :) I loved the peanut sauce, but i think i like it better on some Thai Wraps or as a dip for my veggies :)

• i am also in love with these noodles. i try to make them kinda like korean chap chae. i usually put a spoonful of almond butter, a splash of rice or apple cider vinegar, half a thai chili, a splash of raw sesame oil, a clove of garlic and a hunk of ginger into the blender with about 1/2 cup of warm water. if i dump the sauce on them in the morning they are soft and delicious for lunch. i do finish the whole bag in a meal though.

has anyone noticed a strong wave of nausea about half an hour after eating them that lasts about 20 minutes? it happens every time, but they taste so good that i eat them anyways!

• I miss pasta sooooo much. I can’t wait to try these. Especially with all these great sounding asian flavors. I used to love Pad Thai so I cant wait. Thanks everyone for enlightning us on these and all the great suggestions. I hope I don’t get the nausea thing lalala!! Has anyone tried these with a simple traditional basil pesto? I think that might be worth a try!

• lalala – the nausea happened to me the first time i ate them… but that was definitely bc i ate the whole bag. also the sauce i used and the sauce you just posted are pretty rich, so too much of that could be it to. i ate them last night though and only had about half a bag or maybe slightly over, and didn’t feel sick at all after. i think overeating them is the culprit.

greenghost – YES! sounds perfect. when i make them again i will definitely use your recipe :)

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Thanks dorian don’t. It’s so simple and good- I hope you like it. And – hey fresh raw food & less time in the kitchen? What could be better! :)

• What’s your recipe for the sundried tomato alfredo sauce…That sounds good.

mysticbutterfly – Angie wrote about it at the bottom of page one of this post…

• greenghost – i just made the noodles and just tasted them and WOW. soooo good. now they’re sitting to soak in the sauce and i’m sure they’ll be even better! i’m going to take some photos, you should post the recipe as kelp noodle chow mein or something like that and i can e-mail you my photo to use, or i can post the recipe and credit you. let me know!! :)

I just went to my asian grocery today and i actually found these, but at the asian grocer, they’re called Sea Jelly Noodles :) Just ask the person at the counter. They’re not from a jelly fish – they’re from kelp and other sea veggies. I haven’t tried this brand yet, but they look the same as the Sea Tangle brand. Same price – minus the s/h. I just can’t seem to get mine to not crunch… i’m still working on liking these :)