Links to different types of 'fasts'?

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

Hi! I would like to do a fast in August, but there are so many different kinds: water fast, juice fast, MC….

I know I will be needing to run around after my 2 little boys so I can’t do a fast that will leave me tired or having to lie in bed all day. But I worry that a juice fast is too high in sugar for me (I don’t mind a smoothie, but i believe juicing takes away so much of the fiber…)

Suggestions very much appreciated!

Comments

• I would recommend “fasting” with green smoothies-small amt of fruit; green juices; citrus/water/splash of agave and herbal decaf sun-tea with splash of agave. agave nectar is much lower glycemic index than maple syrup or honey. even most diabetics can use it. These choices will give you the calories, energy and nutrients you need without the sugar highs and lows – a strict juice fast – especially juices high in glycemic indexes could put you on that rollercoaster.

Here’s a link to a website that will give you some good information on equipping you to fast, preparing for your fast and some of the questions people have about things like protien, healing, reactions, and maintaining muscle. There’s also tips on maintaining your fast as well as breaking your fast…. It looks like you’ll be prepared though as I’ve been following your thread on 30 days raw! How long are you planning to fast?

http://www.freedomyou.com/level%202/Fasting%20P…

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

hey mamamilk-I am not sure how long, or even if I will do it. I am training for a 10k race in september and I am beginning to question whether fasting is smart while training.

if i do fast, it will be for a week or 10 days.

thank you for the link!!!