Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

need to be encourage!

SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Hello everyone, i’ve been raw for 2 months this spring. I stopped cauz i was nervous and oh! How we know that cooked food, sugar, salty food makes you feel good for that precious moment you taste it! During the 2 months i ate raw, i felt so good, healthy, clear in my mind, happy, i lost 15 pounds, and i had more energy. Since more than 2 months, i eat a lot , things that it’s been a long while that I stopped, a lot of sugar,pasta, pastry etc…(you know) And i don’t feel good at all! I am in a hard period of my life but i wish i can restart a raw diet tomorrow. I know it will defenetly change my humour. My smile will be back again. But actually, it’s hard for me cauz i always have cravings, inneed to eat sugar, bread, etc… I understand why i act this way but to change it, it’s not easy. ONe thing i learned, is not to make a religion with the food. Also, i live in Québec in north America, so in winter time, it’s impossible to eat only raw. I want to eat mostly local food, so i don’t have the choice to eat a little bit of cooked food.(like potatoes,for example) I do grow sprouts etc. This is a good base for the body needs. But i was wondering, It’s in 2008, in montréal, I said to miself, i sould adjust myself to the groove. To the movement. So i can’t balance! I a’m extremist. I eat perfectly healthy or i eat bad things for me. I want to change this. Eat mostly raw, cauz i know it,s good for my body and mind. But eating some cooked food like potatoes, brown rice etc… But i wish i can have the force to eat 100% raw for the next month, and then restart eating normally, healthy and balancing my diet with a few cooked food i like ;)

I know i can do it.But sometimes, i lose hope and tell to myself i will never balance the way i eat and then, i become sad… :( I know i sould change a few things in my personnal life, and after, it will be easier.

Just to write this, makes me stronger for starting my raw diet tomorrow morning!

Thanks everyone for reading. Karine

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Hugs! OOXX

• Hi Karine! I can totally understand and relate to how you say you either eat way perfect or not at all I am a food extremist and it’s something I’ve dealt with most of my life. It’s really hard to break the emotional ties that bind me to food. The good news is, it doesn’t have to be all or nothing. You do what you can and learn to accept it. If you eat some cooked then just make sure they’re healthy…brown rice and veggies, nothing wrong with that AT ALL! And considering your issues revolving around seasonal difficulties making raw hard, just be with that. Just in general, the more raw you eat, the better you will feel. If you can’t be all raw all year long, then make it a seasonal thing and really embrace that. You are not alone, sweetie, not alone at all in this. One thing I’ve discovered with bouts of falling of track of healthy eating, is that sometimes I use a detox (like the Master Cleanse) to help me recenter myself and embrace eating well again. To me it’s like wiping the slate clean and giving it my all once I come off the detox. Best of luck to you. You can do it!

• mellie-bellie put it well!!!

12papilles, I found the most important thing to remember is that even if you cheat and eat something bad, don’t beat yourself up for it, just remember that tomorrow is a new day and you can start over again. I occasionally cheat, I like my gluten free crackers now and again, I am just waiting for my dehydrator to arrive ao I can make my own! I too am an extremist and found it very difficult at first, but just take baby steps, don’t try and go full bore or you will feel discouraged…

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

People are going to get sick of me saying this, but I loved Matt Monarch’s new book Raw Success because it’s all about balance and being successful raw, and easing into the transition. I’m pretty sure he said if you eliminate white sugar and white flour products that’s the most important first step. It’s also about making raw work for where you live so you might find it helpful. I think most raw foodists go through the same thing as you. My Mom made the most ridiculously good chocolate brownies for Christmas and I started with one and then couldn’t stop! You know how you can feel and your body will most likely crave that again.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

karine, i hear ya. i’m a total sugar addict. i gotta be away from it for 2 weeks or a cave. and then after that it’s still touch and go. so for me i found 100% raw worked best.

for my husband he is not 100% raw but eats only whole foods when not eating raw. No sugar or flour, just whole grains and sweet potatoes, stuff like that.

I hope you can find a combination that works for you!

• Hi Karine, nice to know someone else in this forum is from Montreal, I hear you when you say that it’s not easy in mtl to be RAW in winter time, the weather conditions really don’t make things easier for us. I am not 100% RAW, I swing from 75% to 100% depending on several factors, like season, instinct and my need to detox from time to time. The important thing is not to beat yourself, if you are going through a difficult time then I think it is somehow acceptable to give in to some healthy cooked foods. Listen to your body and follow your instinct and you’ll be fine. good luck!

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Good Luck!

Drink more greens (juice and smoothies) and watch everything get better and easier for your mind, spirit and body :)

Cheers,

Kristen Suzanne