Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Coconut oil and butter how do you use them?

wondering if can put in a shake or ? Hmm I have no idea:)

Comments

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Hello, yesterday, i made a juice with apples and bananas. I add some flax oil and it was delicious. I am sure that with coconut oil, that will be better. Of course! add it to you’re shakes, it will give a great tropical taste(if you use the first cold pression organic oil). Have a nice drink!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

mix it with cacao powder and agave and you have chocolate!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I do the same as bitt, also put a tablespoon in smoothies, you can put it in dehydrated breads, and if you keep a separate one in the bathroom use it for shaving, moisturizing, taking off makeup, smoothing frizzy hair.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Ani Phyo has a strawberry parfait recipe online somewhere (sorry, I don’t know the link – someone sent it to me & I wrote down the recipe & then adapted it for my taste) – The “kream” part of the recipe is raw cashews, coconut oil, vanilla & a little water to help it blend. I have been making variations of her recipe a lot, her fruit syrup is strawberries & agave. I layer the kream (refrigerated first), whatever flavor syrup I have the berries for & cut up whatever fresh fruit I have, & it’s super yummy!

• Thanks for all the helpful info. I have had in my fridge and no idea how to use it!!!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I put it in sauces, it is great in curry sauce. Put it out of the fridge before you use it so it blends easily. I tried to use it in a shake and I had to drink it right away because the coconut oil started to solidify!

Kate Wood uses it in her cakes, it makes them have an amazing texture, she makes proper cakes that look and taste like/better than old cooked ones, I am sure it is the coconut butter that is the secret to them.

You can also use it to make amazing fudge! Melt gently it in a double boiler, add a pinch of salt, sweetner, vanilla and whatever else you like. If you like cacao add some cacao powder, and put it in the fridge and you’ll have amazing tasting fudge!