Juicing kale problems

TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Has anyone actually used their Champion Juicer for kale? I used mine for the first time and a lot of pulp came squishing back up through the feeder. Very little pulp came out through the end like it was supposed to.

I don’t want to drink loads of fruit juices; I wanted to juice mostly greens and vegetables with this juicer. The instructions are just horrible. Maybe I fed the kale in wrong? This is a borrowed juicer and I hope I did this right. Not a lot of juice came from the kale, either. Not to my eyes, anyhow.

Comments

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

The Champion doesn’t handle leafy veggies well at all.

The K-Tec or Vitamix are great at juicing greens. You just need to add a little water to get the blender going and they pulverize those babies pronto. Then you have the choice of drinking it as is and getting the fiber or straining it through a nut milk bag and having the pure juice (with that little bit of water added).

I have the K-tec and much prefer the juice from that to the Champion juice. The blender breaks down the cell wall and the juice is far more intense and flavorful, very much like the Norwalk juicer. I find adding a little lemon juice to green juices makes them even better.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Thank you, greenie.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Blenders to not juice (getting rid of the fiber), they just blend.

Champion juicer is a masticating juicer… but it is one masticating juicer that does not juice greens.