Any of you Christians in the missionary?????

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I have been to Haiti once, although I was not vegan then.

But, have any of you been to other such countries???

Personally, I find it insulting, for someone to ask for raw fruits and veggies, organic even, when you are in a country where many do not even have food, some not even cloths.

I think, that it is better, I imagine, if God calls someone to the missionary, to eat what is put in front of you?????

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

amen to that. God provides exactly what we need. I feel really blessed to have access to these foods but I don’t take it for granted. Haiti is a country that is so plagued with hunger that it would be just cruel to ask for those things.

I have also been to Haiti(although not on a mission trip) and the whole time I was in contact with the people there I could sense their desperation. I bought everything in sight just so that they could go buy food.

• I could not possibly eat cooked food after years of eating raw. my body would be very sick again and in pain. I have sent clients back to the mission field & they thrive on fresh fruits & veggies locally grown & sprouted grains, nuts. what a blessing for me to see sick missionaries be well when they trust Jesus for the foods He designed 4 our bodies. when Daniel in the Bible was captured by a foreign king he humbly refused the kings food & requested raw food & thrived. I have done this as well, prayed diligently & watched, waited 4 God’s provision. It rocked the house & brought amazing glory to Christ. we trust HIm way to little. God is unlimited & has unlimited resources. however we are to ask & pray not demand. our attitude before others matters greatly.

• this is a very cool topic as i am thinking myself of maybe going to africa to work for God , i think its ok if there is no other option but if you ask God i believe he can make a way as cooked food makes others sick if not all,like birdseed says here,thanks for bringing up this topic .i will be watching this topicc