Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The Lion video - don't miss it!

2»

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Another amazing situation reported recently is at Golden retriever adopts tiger cubs at Kansas zoo. I love the line from the article, “The mother doesn’t know the difference, Harvey said. He said the adopted mother licks, cleans and feeds the cubs.” How cool is that?

clr-1976~ Thanks for the additional link… It’s slooooowly loading at the time of this post. I am sooo thankful for the internet for being able to access this type of stuff. Three cheers to the internet visionaries… Rah! Rah! Rah!

amysue~ Yes, dolphins and whales are amazing souls. I find dolphin therapy works well also. eee… eee… eee….

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Cant get my head round how anyone ‘invented’ the internet – but who am I to question? Like you, just loving the fact that they did! – Hur-rah indeed!

Hope you like the link, I’d forgotten all about ‘Born Free’, I remember my parents watching it when I was little, all about ‘Elsa’ the Lioness..

I remember the song though.. “Born Free, as free as the wind blows…. La la la”

• This makes me think of the little baby bird that I raised. I found him when he was naked and fallen from the nest. When he was old enough to learn to fly I gave him several lessons and then he flew to the top of our house, and then away…. Wish I could see him again!

We raised a Jackdaw when I was little, he had fallen out of his nest so was rejected by his parents. We smuggled him out of Ireland over to England under my Dads jumper in the car/boat. He lived in an aviary in the garden until he was big & strong enough to be released. You know what? He came back and brought his mate with him one day.. Then circled around and flew off. Made my Muum cry, never saw him after that, but they know. I know they do..

I rescued my old horse, she lived about 10 years longer than she would have done if someone hadnt cared. I swear she’s one of my guardians now – call me crazy…

clr-1976~ I just finished viewing the link you posted… my heart is heavy for Christian’s parents. It was totally awesome to see the whole pride together being a “pride” with the guys. The cub teething on the guy made me cry. I wonder if guys had had children, would they have introduced them to the pride? hmmmm… Born Free is one of my favorite movies. It is so “right” that the folks involved with the Born Free movie were involved with setting the lion free. Just so right!

pulse~ That must have been some sight… you teaching the bird to fly… talk about being homeschooled. lol Your beloved baby bird always flies free in your heart. :)

I know what you mean about his parents, I was kind of sad that was on it but I guess it highlights how amazing the life he went on to have could have been so different. Its the reality for so many animals and some much worse so. They have finally changed the law here & extended it from just ‘cruelty’ previously nothing could be done to prosecute people over neglect, hence why my poor old horse suffered for so long and they couldnt do anything.

I need to watch born free again! I’m definatly going to sponsor a Lion for my Dads xmas pres!

• What an amazing story/video! I cried for sure.

That is awesome that you are going to sponsor a lion in your dad’s name. Proud papa! :) Sorry to hear about your horse’s past. Glad to hear that you and your horse were able to enrich each other’s life.

PS. You are crazy… welcome to party. :)

Thanks! Its great to be here!

Check out this Ninja Cat Video... hilarious. Probably some of you have already seen it. There are also other animal videos including a whole section on “Odd Couples”. Bring tissues and remember to wear your Depends. 80)

Thanks Bluedolphin they were so funny! I looked at the cute couples stuff too, love the dog who has enough of being licked – the cats face at the end!!

I would also like a pet pig now, how gorgeous were those piglets.

Quick question, when you link something, how do you edit it to read in the way that the ‘ninja cat video’ does? Can I do it on a mac without a right click?

clr-1076~ Oh good, you have added another smile to the world. :) Did you need to use “Depends”? BTW, in case you don’t know what Depends are, they are adult diapers. teehee.

For some great info on formatting a post, check out Tip: Making a link. When I post a link, I also include bolding (beginning and ending the whole link reference with asterisks) the link to make the link more prominent. Play with the different options. Sometimes it might take a few tries to get what you want. If you have additional questions after reading the Tip: Making a link thread, I (and others) will be happy to provide further assistance.

Happy smiling and formatting. :)

Thank you! I’ll check it out..

And also, I had no idea what the ‘depends’ were, so thanks for clearing that one up!

BTW, I’m now over 900 years old, not too bad eh..? (1976 -> 1076) ;o)

clr-1976~ I think one of Brad Pitt’s new movies might be about you. The one where he gets younger the older he gets. ;)

Sorry to hear about your loss. {{{{{clr-1976}}}}} Much healing energy to you and may you quickly find your dear feline friend in your heart. Your avatar always brings me a heart smile. It looks like that kitty is in such heaven with that simple gesture. I just want to jump into that picture and give that kitty a big smooch. :)

Ahh thanks Bluedolphin that was such a lovely thing to say!

I took a little vid at the same time I took that pic, only about 30 seconds but its so cute he comes up to the camera doing this enormous steam engine purr..

If I can figure out how to work you tube I’ll put it on and post the link as it always makes me smile.

I love your description and that the pic makes you smile too, its hard to see in such a little one (I had it as my desktop) but he really does look like he’s having a great time, you can even see his teeth like a little grin :o)

He’s definitely in my heart. And he’d give you a big smooch back I’m sure :o)