Electric bill went up?

Hi everyone.. I was wondering if anyone noticed their electric bill go up while using an Excalibur dehydrator? I just got mine this prior month & noticed my bill is $50 higher. While I do understand it is July and hot – but I am just curious how much electric consumption this thing uses?! My bill is $50 higher than the month before.. :(

Comments

• check how much you are charged per kilo watt hour compared to the previous 3 months. due to barrel of oil price increase – there is a trickle effect that effects prices in all areas of life. all electric providers prices have increased. where do you live? what are your options? although there is deregulation, even electric companies who are using the same source are trying to offset their personal costs by hiking prices.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Take how much you are charged per kilo watt. We are 7 cents an hour per kilo watt. Times that to what your dehydrator wattage is. So if it is 500 or 600, times 7 cents to it. The answer will be how much you will pay per hour. Breads are a drain. Made a couple trays last week. 30 hours. Not worth it.