Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Nano-Foods: The Next Consumer Scare?

MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

you think there is any chance this stuff will be labeled in the US?

Nano-Foods: The Next Consumer Scare?

Comments

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

scary. I hope they don’t find a way to put nano technology into natural, whole foods like fruits and vegg

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Good Grief!
    Will the government ever quit allowing the Frankenfood?!?
    Sometimes I feel like the US Government would start making Soylent Green this instant if they could. The consumer be damned – anything for money.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

GREEN GHOST – I remember when I first saw this film (Soylent Green) it really flipped me out. I have thought about it from time to time whenever I heard news of what we are doing to the environment. I was thinking someone should remake it using present day scenarios. Monsanto could be the Soylent Corporation. Maybe it would make people think. Is it possible to make a larger minority of citizens think?

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

This is freaky stuff. My friend just told me about nanotechnology in my Smartwool socks the other day and I could hardly believe it. And damn I was sad—I love my Smartwool socks.

And now I find out they are putting that stuff into FOOD??!?

Yikes!

• Makes me want to live in a self-sustained bubble…

• These kind of news are very sad. Is there going to be any natural food in 10-20 years? But what I found upsetting is the total indifference about these subjects of too many people around us. Meditating: I had no idea about this new technology, thx for posting.