Daniefon and your horses

Your profile picture is stunning! My 11 year old daughter is a PASSIONATE horse lover. We live in a suburb north of dallas…do you have a farm and are those your horses? simply gorgeous.

Comments

• ... ; )

• I agree. Beautiful pic. :)

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

Hi, Thank you! Sorry that I never saw this thread. I usually only see the ones on the home page, so I missed this one. I live 12 miles west of Denton. Where are you? I have 14 acres and these are my horses Red, a gelding and EG a mare. Funny thing, we were outside and it was cold so I got between the two warm horses and my boyfriend took my picture, we were out taking pictures of the dogs! I call the picture “Cold Remedy”! How old is your daughter?

• Wow! That is so cool. she’s 11 and had her first horsie ride when she was one year old. she’s been a lover ever since. she’s taken some lessons/camp, but we’re going to be getting her back into it in the fall – we hope. our dream is to buy at least 15 acres, build a sustainable home and farm with our own hands… it’ll be a while. we live off of 75 about 25 miles north of dallas.

do you go to any of the raw local meetups??

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I haven’t been to any raw local meetups? Do you go? I would like to sometime. I’ve only been raw for about 7 months.

We don’t have a farm, but have a huge garden, more than we can possibly eat. I donate a lot to a local womens’ shelter. We’ve only been here since December. Next year, I will know how to plant better. I am still learning.

Once you have your farm, horses are wonderful to have. Having to stable them is expensive and more work. Having them at home is so nice.

A funny thing, I wasn’t like your daughter. I was somewhat intimidated by them. I rode one for the first time, other than the kind that are on a walker, at the age of 35! Shortly thereafter, I ended up with 4! I love them now, I don’t ride alot, but they are so nice to have. Horse lessons are so expensive, aren’t the? A good way for her to get horse contact is to volunteer at a stable. I have had a couple of students that volunteered at stables that worked with disabled children. They loved it. There are a few in this area, I bet there are some near you too.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

mamamilk, i have a wonderful horse to lease here on my farm…sadly no where near you but a lease is a nice prepurchase option for nonhorse owning folk!

danifon, what a great story how you came to own horses! I have 4 myself and love them. Im lucky enough to train them for a living!