Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I am going crazy: insomnia and low fat diet?

2»

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

bitt~ I just got to wondering… what about this thread led you think there might be a “normal” amount of sleep for a raw foodist?

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

I’m being plagued with insomnia too. I kept thinking it was environment-related, but now everything’s back to the way it should be, and I still can’t sleep. Or rather, for the most-part, I sleep for 4 hours or so, then wake up for no reason. It takes me at least an hour to fall back asleep, and then I go into another REM-cycle and have to ruin it half-way through to wake up for work. Gah. Most days I function just fine, if not just being a little grumpy, but some days, like today, I feel like a train-wreck.

I’m going to look at my calories and fat intake, though, because I haven’t actually looked at it. All I know is that when I decided to ease off of the nuts and oils, the insomnia kicked in (not that I related the two things). I’ll just have to chow down on some soaked sunflower seeds or something this evening.

At least I know I’m not alone. :)

• I slept a long time last night, but that’s because I was in my boyfriend’s arms! I sleep so much better with him. From about 9:30 p to 7:30 a.

• I have been sleeping 2-3 hours a night for the past week. Finally towards the end of the week, it is catching up. I can gurantee if I was not a raw foody, I would probably be in an asylum right now! Thanks alot Maca Poweder ;)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Fat takes longer to digest and therefore might make sleeping easier because the body doesn’t get as hungry at night?

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

I’ve been trying that trick, and it seems to be helping a little. I try to eat an avocado with my dinner every night (which is usually a big leafy salad).

• marienmarien Raw Newbie

It is thought that eating some particular food and taking the prescription medicines will be a solution to sleep better. But the truth is that they help to sleep in the short term. There might be many other mental reasons associated with sleep disturbances. The best solution is to get diagnosis from a psychologist who has expertise in sleep disorders take the most effective treatment for insomnia. I think CBT-I treatment (http://www.cbtassociates.com/about-you/problems-addressed/insomnia/ ) is a scientifically validated psychological treatment which is used now a days. Discover what food diet can work for you which is important for maintaining good sleep.

• lauralaura Raw Newbie
    Suzical said:

nycgrrl – you might want to buy yourself a jar of coconut oil and incorporate that into your daily diet. Something about it is just soothing and nurturing.

Also, I sleep like a brick and have been eating really well and I’ve encountered the specter of insomnia these past weeks.

I am thinking that something in the Cosmic Vibe is getting “tweaked”, and consequently, so are we…

Good luck!

I have found myself as well that coconut oil helped me on a very similar situation. And I have not left since then. I definitely recommend it.

ClaireT