Big Straws

BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

A few people have asked where they can get the big straw that is pictured in the Quick Fix recipe. Here are a few suggestions:

• If you have a place near you that sells “boba” drinks (boba balls are tapioca balls that are added to different drinks, I like them), they might sell you a box – ask a manager/owner, worker bees don’t tend to have authority to authorize such a special request
  • Search online for “Jumbo” straws
  • Check with your local grocery store and see if they will special order it (most likely their wholesaler/distributor carries them)
  • Restaurant supply stores tend to carry them
  • Let your fingers do the walking… ask for Jumbo straws

Hope this is useful…

Comments

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Thanks bluedolfin. Going to put on my boots and walk right now.I know you said fingers.

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

love big straws! Anyone know where to get those hard plastic reusable ones?

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

chicory~ Be cautious if using a reusable straw for anything but water. I was never a fan of the straws that were attached to water bottles, especially since many that I saw (and have) have ridges in them that I KNOW are bacteria magnets. ;) I just didn’t see how to really clean it out if I used it for something other than water.

beany~ My privilege. If you find a source for the straws from your little walkabout, please post the info for the others. That way we can save on “sole wear.” :)

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

hi…www.glassdharma.com has 12mm straws:)...also this recent thread may help:) i also found these big straws and these ...update:i did find them at an asian market for .99 cents:)