Late period

So, my period is a week late. I’m concerned because I’m never late. I’m pretty positive that I’m not pregnant as I’ve had my period every month since my boyfriend deployed, and that was 4 months ago. I’m wondering if it may be late because of my change in diet? Did anyone else have late periods at first?

Comments

• penfoldpenfold Raw Newbie

My period’s totally affected by changes in my diet, amount of stress, activity level, sexual activity level. if there’s nothing else going on for you, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the diet.

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

Probably the change in diet. It makes mine last a shorter time, and makes it practically painless. Some folks have said that their periods have ceased altogether on raw, but they are surely in the minority.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Here are a few threads that you might find useful:

There are many threads that discuss late/no period. Simply search on “period”, “menstruating”, “menses”, etc.

• yea, i read somewhere that when you go raw, a lot of chicks stop menstrating. it’s a sign that your body is in optimal health, and normally occurs 4 months after going raw. you’re still ovulating, but you aren’t going to bleed. another animals that have “periods” such as apes, do not bleed as well. it’s a sign that you are becoming more natural. at least, that’s what i read haha, i have nothing to prove those points, but if it’s true, i’m going to be soo stoked! :P

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Yes. it certainly has affected my cycle. It varies. When I eat a high percentage of raw, my cycle sometimes comes sooner… and sometimes comes much later. Like up to a 50-day cycle! I track when I ovulate, so I have noticed how my diet affects my cycle.

• nanetteg1972nanetteg1972 Raw Newbie

Why are you not more concerned about having a normal cycle? I tried raw for several months and noticed things, including irregular menstrual cycles, and decided something was terribly wrong. The female HUMAN body  (not ape or monkey because we are NOT one) is meant to go through a 28 to 30 day cycle which includes bleeding. If this isn't happening it means either you're not human, not female, have no reproductive organs or are post-menapasal, are pregnant, or are not in good reproductive health. Eating raw foods is very healthy but when your body talks you must listen and not make excuses or justifications. Humans have been eating cooked foods for as long as we've been human, over 200,000 years. No other culture has ever attempted a total raw food diet ever in history. Common sense must be included in a healthy diet. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!